• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

France here we come and other 2015/16 Pre-Season Stuff

22,000 there tonight. Tremendous for pre season!

Been impressed by Coady as well. Good pass from Dicko and a cool Afobe finish.

He just did it with great affect. Would rather see him in the middle though as we need him pulling the centre-backs about rather than the full backs.

Just like that. Dicko picks it up, draws Okores out which opens the door for Afobe who he slips it through to. 2-2

Lovely stuff - great finish from Afobe. And excellent from Coady to create the chance.

Afobe Bryant innit

You can image how good we would be with a Russel type player instead of Edwards.

It's been an entertaining game actually. A draw would be about right.

Impressed by Coady, great to see him in action. Him and McDonald is an impressive Championship partnership. It's quite obvious where we need to strengthen. That was a good workout for us however.

It's been an entertaining game actually. A draw would be about right.

If I was a Villa supporter (which I'm not) then would be a bit disappointed not to have won that - they were better on the ball, though its goals that count.

Afobe's last involvement shows we need him closer to the goal - too deep in the first half which negated his influence - that midfield really doesn't work

You can image how good we would be with a Russel type player instead of Edwards.

I think we'd score plenty with decent service to the front 2. The delivery tonight - especially from set pieces - wasn't good enough and the obvious limitations from playing narrow will always negate some threat.

But when we do break, Afobe and Dicko really do look so dangerous.

And I thought Coady looked very promising.

It's certainly not the doom and gloom that some corners of the t'interweb might suggest. Still a lot to do and we obviously still need to bolster the wide areas but a decent work out with a fair result. The less said about the first 20 minutes the better....

I wanna watch the Iorfa assist again, I love it! We improved after a horrendous 20 minutes, was a good game to watch

Ikeme

Iorfa - Stears - Hause/EEL - Golbourne

McDonald - Coady - Price/Evans/Edwards

Rajiv - Afobe - Dicko

I don't know about y'all, but that looks pretty damn tidy to me.

I thought Coady was our best player. Hopefully that can put the 'holding midfielder' nonsense to bed, he's far more dynamic than that and will be a key player for us this season.

Stearman and Henry were truly awful, both are much better players than they showed tonight. Golbourne quiet and struggled in the first half, hard to blame him though as he had nobody in front of him. Edwards was anonymous apart from his very well taken goal.

Dicko looked a threat, that bit of skill to go past Hutton was insane but it just wasn't his night in front of goal, nice assist for Afobe though. Benik was class, as soon as Nouha put him through it was in the back of the net, such a classy finisher.

Weird how we didn't make a single sub though.

Wouldn't disagree with that Alan

RVLP won't score, but we need someone who can get behind the defence & deliver for Afobe & Dicko who will score given the right service.

Tonight's game showed that only Iorfa (plus the 2 forwards mentioned) got in a position to give us a scoring chance

Back