• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

I'm so angry at the mentality after the equaliser. They were rocked, we were on a high and could/should have pinned them back and controlled the game. The way we sat back was outright cowardly and 100% on the manager. We were well short on the pitch, the same things that hadn't worked all tournament, shock horror, didn't work yesterday, but to find yourself level and then just invite Spain on you was fucking outrageous. He's a nice fella and has achieved par given the opposition he's faced in tournaments, but it's time to go now, and install somebody that believe in the ability of the players, and has the stones to bench Kane.

I think it's time for him to go.

But there no way GS instructed them to back off, Spain just regained control after wobbling for a bit, because of our rolling of the dice with Palmer we had little shape in central midfield. Once the momentum of scoring died, they grabbed the midfield by the scruff again, and we were holding on.

However, all that being said, it has and will be over analysed to death, but 2 lapses from Walker lead to both of their goals.

They score from our mistakes, our lapses, where as we fail with the 3 chances off the corner at the end, they are the moments in big games like this.

I'm so angry at the mentality after the equaliser. They were rocked, we were on a high and could/should have pinned them back and controlled the game. The way we sat back was outright cowardly and 100% on the manager. We were well short on the pitch, the same things that hadn't worked all tournament, shock horror, didn't work yesterday, but to find yourself level and then just invite Spain on you was fucking outrageous. He's a nice fella and has achieved par given the opposition he's faced in tournaments, but it's time to go now, and install somebody that believe in the ability of the players, and has the stones to bench Kane.

I don't think they were rocked really, or that England were on a high. Spain just continued finding spaces and creating chances as they had done for the whole of the 2nd half before the goal.

It's ironic, I was overjoyed when Rodri went off, he's one of the best players in the world, if not the best. Yet we lost any grip of the midfield immediately after he went off. It's like we knew how to play Spain with him, but not without him.

I don't think they were rocked really, or that England were on a high. Spain just continued finding spaces and creating chances as they had done for the whole of the 2nd half before the goal.
We had our tails up and it was one of the few times in the game we actually put pressure on Spain and they made a few mistakes.

We've seen first hand at Wolves when happens when you repeatedly surrender the initiative.

All those claiming the Nations league is a farce should note that England relegation to league B means they won’t be seeded for the WCQ draw meaning a possible meeting with Spain, Germany etc

All those claiming the Nations league is a farce should note that England relegation to league B means they won’t be seeded for the WCQ draw meaning a possible meeting with Spain, Germany etc
You are catastrophising again. Europe have 16 places for the World Cup, we'll be there. Playing a meaningful game against a quality side outside of a tournament wouldn't be a bad thing anyway.

They are making both of these tournaments so easy to qualify for so that any of the big but shit countries with large viewerships will be there, at this point you have to be a real bottom feeder to fail to make it.

Italy have failed to qualify for the last two and there will only be three additional European teams at the tournament despite the format change, so still possible not to qualify.

The official team of the Tournament

GSnGyx6XMAADFGq

They always have at least one nutbar pick in these, Walker this time. The goal against Slovakia and both goals in the final were his fault. Not great on the Dutch goal either with a Kilman-style non block.

They always have at least one nutbar pick in these, Walker this time. The goal against Slovakia and both goals in the final were his fault. Not great on the Dutch goal either with a Kilman-style non block.
That free kick against Slovenia (I think) where he passed it sideways to Stones who wasn't looking or expecting the ball? Very nearly caused a problem as well.

Think they probably felt obliged to put in at least one England player as we were in the final. Picking Walker out of all of them is amusing, though.

Back