• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

France here we come and other 2015/16 Pre-Season Stuff

Cheers for the link Will/Ian.

Coady looked neat and tidy. Afobe + Dicko are going to run Championship defenders ragged but we're relying far too heavily on them. First half performance was extremely poor and we looked way off being ready for the start of the season so it was good to see an improvement after the break. Mind you, this is something I felt we did far too often last season - we could only perform for 45 minutes at a time. Not convinced by the formation at all.

Is Wallace injured? Put Wallace in that team ahead of Henry or Edwards and it has the look of a decent team.

Right then...Who is going to Donny on Saturday? I reckon I'll be arriving about midday

I thought Coady was our best player. Hopefully that can put the 'holding midfielder' nonsense to bed, he's far more dynamic than that and will be a key player for us this season.

Stearman and Henry were truly awful, both are much better players than they showed tonight. Golbourne quiet and struggled in the first half, hard to blame him though as he had nobody in front of him. Edwards was anonymous apart from his very well taken goal.

Dicko looked a threat, that bit of skill to go past Hutton was insane but it just wasn't his night in front of goal, nice assist for Afobe though. Benik was class, as soon as Nouha put him through it was in the back of the net, such a classy finisher.

Weird how we didn't make a single sub though.

Really surprised - given that this was a pre season game, and the result was immaterial - that KJ didn't take the opportunity to look at one or two others

Is Wallace injured? Put Wallace in that team ahead of Henry or Edwards and it has the look of a decent team.

Has missed all of pre-season and is making a step up of two divisions. I'd say we're going to have to be more than patient with him and he almost certainly won't be ready to step in/up for the start of the season. I'd have liked Graham to come on for a bit.

Really surprised - given that this was a pre season game, and the result was immaterial - that KJ didn't take the opportunity to look at one or two others

As I said to Machin earlier - I wonder if we'll see a different XI on Saturday with the likes of RVLP, Rowe etc getting a run out?

Shame about Wallace - thought I'd read he'd gone to France.

That bit of extra creativity he offers over Edwards could make a difference.

damn, my computer fucked up just when i was gonna watch the game..i see dangerous dave scored again..putting in decent amount of goals from midfield for me and doing a lot of runs and off the ball work..more important for me than a lot of you..but we need to strengthen, more depth in the squad, get a tall strong forward in, a left mid and a central mid at least

Ikeme

Iorfa - Stears - Hause/EEL - Golbourne

McDonald - Coady - Price/Evans/Edwards

Rajiv - Afobe - Dicko

I don't know about y'all, but that looks pretty damn tidy to me.

You can't play 13 outfielders!

Yeesh, I won't even joke about that.

U21s Vs Telford

SQUAD: Flatt, Burgoyne, Matinyadze, Simpson, Hayden, Carter, Upton, Breslin, Deslandes, Enobakhare, Ronan, Harris, Weeks, Rainey, Evans, Leacock-McLeod, Bancessi, Wilson.

Shropshire Star match report

tl;dr We won 2-1 with Nicolas Napol (trailist) and Enobakhare scoring. Johnny Gorman scored for Telford.

Napol has his own website. Sign him up!

Oh? It works on this desktop and on my phone through Taptalk.

Follow the link to Twitter and play on there.

Works for me.

Back