• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Forest 1 - 2 Wolves: Go, Diogo, Go!

We weren't great today but the highlights are well worth watching. Probably only one I can remember from 1st half (Bonatini chance) came to life just after the break and yes a not so good game from us now is still x10 better than some of the tripe served up by Lambert and Jackett.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere (and any link would be much appreciated) but could anyone explain what xG is and how it is calculated?

A little more highlights than C5 showed...

I tell you what, if Ronaldo scores Carayol's goal there we're raving about it worldwide.

Not really. It was a standard shot the GK didn't bother trying to save as he was expecting a cross.

That run by Jota in the second half is obscene! That full back is going to have flashbacks.

The ball down the line by Miranda with the outside of his boot for the Jota run/Bonatini saved shot

Noticed that, too. Not sure any of our other CBs can manage that pass.

Could Boly, do we think? Haven't seen him outside of highlights just yet.

We've just spent well over a year picking central midfielders who couldn't play that pass.

Interesting to see the difference between the fans who went who thought we didn't play as well as in previous games and NES who was full of praise for his team in his post match interview. Can't wait to watch the full match and make my own decision.

Not sure why Ruddy makes no effort to save it. Regardless of his starting position he takes a few steps inside and then doesn't dive when it's a metre away from him in the middle of the goal?

Looks like we created some good chances. Feel Leo needs to be a bit more selfish, that first chance he was 20 yards out on his left foot, have a dig. Cav maybe the opposite, pass is back inside to Jota rather than blasting into row z on a tight angle.

Those Pass maps look good. Murphy literally wasn't in the game, and even though he's shit. He's the sort of player whose given us problems in the past.

Give Vinagre, Bonatini, Jota, Neves, Coady and Ruddy a rest against Rovers. All the rest can play, although we do have capacity to make more changes than that if needed.

Interesting to see the difference between the fans who went who thought we didn't play as well as in previous games and NES who was full of praise for his team in his post match interview. Can't wait to watch the full match and make my own decision.

Nuno seems the sort who would focus first on being proud of the team "winning ugly" and then only once the cameras are off tell the players "okay, that was good, but here's all the stuff we did wrong and can learn from".

Love him.

Nuno seems the sort who would focus first on being proud of the team "winning ugly" and then only once the cameras are off tell the players "okay, that was good, but here's all the stuff we did wrong and can learn from".

Love him.

He seemed genuinely confused when Mikey Burrows implied that we didn't play well in the first half.

Maybe he was confused (like the rest of us) why Burrows has a job.

Back