• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Forest 1 - 2 Wolves: Go, Diogo, Go!

If a player has committed an offence that is deserving of a red card, the referee should stop the game and send the player off. Waiting until the ball goes out of play is not advisable. Say for example the player concerned scores a goal, but is then sent off for an offence committed before he scored said goal.
When we played Forest at home last season their player commited a foul and ref played advantage. We wasted it and Forest countered and almost scored. Game stopped and the ref went back and yellow carded the player....that was his 2nd card and off he went.

If a player has committed an offence that is deserving of a red card, the referee should stop the game and send the player off. Waiting until the ball goes out of play is not advisable. Say for example the player concerned scores a goal, but is then sent off for an offence committed before he scored said goal.

Copied and pasted from FIFA so advisable or not the rules are as written. I also understand that where there is a clear goal scoring chance the advantage should be played

Having watched the challenge back it was bad but it all depends on if he's last man which is debatable. the challenge itself is a yellow for my money although I didn't see it that way at the time.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Also Vinagre is fine according to twitter looked like he took a bash to the ribs maybe a bit winded and sore. So we will at least have a WB for our next game.

Having watched the challenge back it was bad but it all depends on if he's last man which is debatable. the challenge itself is a yellow for my money although I didn't see it that way at the time.

Last man?!

Great cross by Cav and very good work from Bonatini. Front three all firing at the moment!

Not sure what Ruddy is doing for their goal but he made a great save at the end (of the highlights that I have seen)

Great bit of play for the 2nd goal. Poor goal to concede though.

Jota looks so good. I loved Helder last season and I can't believe that not only have we kept hold of him, we've also signed somebody better!

From the highlights on sky the ball from Cav is class and Bonatini just showed what he is good at before he got clattered in setting up the winner Jota is pure filth in this league and it's unfair on everyone that we have got him but who cares. Already looking forward to next Saturday and then my first away game of the season at Sheff Utd.

Must add that it's fucking annoying that a lot of our fans are still chanting "Diego" it's "Diogo" you bells.

Helder you would imagine will look better in this system than he ever did last year.

Poor goal to concede though.

Have to give credit to the scorer. Ruddy has made a move anticipating the cross and 999/1000 that is what will happen. Not many players have the awareness to spot that move and see the space. It looks shit from our view point but a superb goal.

Helder you would imagine will look better in this system than he ever did last year.

Absolutely mate. We relied massively on him to the point that teams started paying very close attention and he faded slightly for a bit. It's going to be interesting to see what teams do with Jota and Costa coming at them! It's unfair really.

This is a major factor for me Helder has excelled in a shit team with shit football and shit tactics. What happens when he plays with better players in a better system?? Can't wait to find out.

We were only really 6/10 today yet still won which is a good sign. Vinagre was excellent and Jota got better as the game went on.

17 points from 8 games & still not firing fully for a full 90 mins

Our best player from last year not returned yet, injuries being covered fairly seamlessly, slated players from last season looking liked they have been hypnotised into believing that they can really play in this formation.

When we put it all together in one game someone (& it won't matter who) is going to get a real shellacking.

Wolves TV's full 90 mins replay of the games the next day - wouldn't have been worth it last year as sometimes struggled to sit through the highlights. This year it's my Sunday afternoon entertainment despite already knowing the result.

Lots of people saying we didn't play that well today but I'd wager it's still a hell of a lot better than anything from the last 2 seasons. Great win :)

Lots of people saying we didn't play that well today but I'd wager it's still a hell of a lot better than anything from the last 2 seasons. Great win :)

Yeah! I can't wait to watch it back when it goes on WolvesTV

Is this the first time this season the opposition has had more possession than us?

Back