• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fifa 19 Thread - yay, a card game on the telly!

How did you get Suarez? Did you get lucky in a pack?

I've done a French team, best player is Kante. He is class.

Yeah got him in a pack, best player I’ve had by miles. I checked the prices of Kane and Aguero before selling him to make sure I could upgrade my first team, still don’t know whether to go that way or buy a couple of other better players for other positions. Once you get to 83/84 and over the prices just rocket.

Yeah got him in a pack, best player I’ve had by miles. I checked the prices of Kane and Aguero before selling him to make sure I could upgrade my first team, still don’t know whether to go that way or buy a couple of other better players for other positions. Once you get to 83/84 and over the prices just rocket.

Yeah, there are only 4 players I can get now to improve my French team. Varane, Pogba, Griezmann and Mbappe. The cheapest of those goes cheapest buy it now of about 270k. Need to save coins and hope prices come down a bit.

Casual Nainggolan on your bench too, he's worth loads.

I'm saving up but not sure what for. Can't really do much with my team if I want to keep Telles (which I do). Guess I could go for Boateng + Alaba + Goretzka but that's a heck of a lot of coinage for 3 players when it's only Felipe who's letting the team down.

Wilson, Neves and Rudiger can be upgraded without effecting chemistry. Maybe after that I'll just build another team.

8FqBxLQ_d.jpg

Nainggolan always comes on for Jorginho as he gets fucked in the second half. I’ve got Angry Di Maria on the bench as well now and replaced Suarez with Timo Werner for the time being.

seems a waste to spend so much on regular gold players in the first week

seems a waste to spend so much on regular gold players in the first week

I know. Chemistry might force me too though; none of the Prem fullbacks are good enough for me and I hate Felipe ha.

I never really got into UT, I liked the idea with the chemistry thing adding an extra level to how your team performed but always found it impossible to build a decent team. Do you still only get to keep players/cards for a limited number of matches? I always found myself struggling to get anywhere near enough coins or whatever was needed to afford everything, if I bought packs then I'd always end up with useless stuff and if I tried to buy specific players then I'd end up running out of matches with half my existing squad.

Can't remember the last FIFA game I bought though to be fair, felt like they just kept making the controls more and more complicated to no real benefit so I gave up with it. If we ever get round to decorating enough of our house to facilitate a second TV then maybe I'll give it another go, until then the PS4 can add to it's 16 month hibernation.

... mark have you been playing FUT without contract cards?

... mark have you been playing FUT without contract cards?
Well that was the issue, if I focussed on specific positions then I had no coins for packs to get contract cards for the existing squad, if I bought packs then I never got good enough players to improve and just maintained what I had with contract cards. It just seemed a constant struggle to keep my head above water and never actually get anywhere.

It's far more suited to playing and getting adequate rewards now than years gone by. They don't want anyone quitting, they want yer monies.

It's far more suited to playing and getting adequate rewards now than years gone by. They don't want anyone quitting, they want yer monies.
Well they wouldn't get any more money out of me whether I played it twice or two million times, there's no way I'd be paying for anything extra after buying the game.

it's definitely waaaay easier to get cards these days

the addition of rivals this year makes it even easier, which also allows you to get dumps of gold, while simultaneously getting packs + whatever you get from squad battles

and with all of the daily/weekly objectives you're almost guaranteed to never run out of random gold sinks like contracts, position changes, fitness/healing, etc.

Bought Kane and Champions League Sane with the Suarez cash. Mental, two massively noticeable upgrades on my first team. Sane is just ridiculous and Kane suits the formation perfectly.

Didn't realise any of the CL ones were tradeable tbh. Going to have a look.

Just did a UCL Upgrade Challenge and won... Sane CL. Putting the one I bought last night up for sale, bonus.

Hazard in a pack, fuck me :icon_lol:

Still, I suppose it’s the same as me getting Suarez.

I did about 6 UCL upgrades last night got nobody above 80. Terrible. Hopefully another SBC comes out where the UCL cards are needed as they are untradeable.

Or just use them in any old SBC if they're useless to you.

Division Rivals rewards in the morning I think? Not sure whether to get coins or get fuck all in packs, hmm.

I’ve got loads of UCL players now who I won’t play (bar Sane), I didn’t realise you could use them in an SBC?

Back