• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fifa 19 Thread - yay, a card game on the telly!

Tried Ultimate at my mates... I’ll stick to Legendary

My FUT team at the moment is:

Jota Jimenez Pedro

Rose Keita Henderson Mata

Smalling (CL) Stones Laporte

Pickford​

I've got Benzema on the bench so as not to hurt my 98 Chemistry and Cuadrado and Icardi on loan. Really need to start earning some coins instead of spending them. Still think I prefer Career to FUT.

I've never really got into FUT. I much prefer career - and the journey is hammy but fun too.

Payday today so I might grab this over the weekend - I really can't wait to play at Molineux!

Quirkahampton
1f43071663ba8d0275bd0833d7b6ab6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My team is nowhere near fully functional at present. Drawn 2 lost 3 of my divisional placing, I'm really struggling with tactical defending.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just played my first online game in FUT, Divisional placing I think it was. My team was better than the kid I played (some French kid, could have only been about 12 from the sound of him as he kept moaning throughout the match) but he mullered me. I only managed three shots and just couldn't get an attack going, he had about 12 shots, hit the post, cleared off the line, deflected over... 0-0. Don't think I can be arsed with the online stuff, it got me way too angry fannying around like that trying to get near to his players.

I've always played Pro Evo (not very well), but after playing the demo I'm switching to FIFA this year.

I never play online but I still want to get the best experience...but I am useless!!!

Any top five tips to help my game would be very useful.

Thanks

Fifa 19 along with the Pro arriving on Friday. Ended up getting £160 for my Slim 500gb so that's a feist.

I enjoyed the demo, it always takes a while to get used to the new gameplay, but it did seem more realistic. It was too easy perhaps to do a quick switch of play in 18 and exploit all sorts of space. I don't play online either, apart from the odd game 9f clubs.

I've always played Pro Evo (not very well), but after playing the demo I'm switching to FIFA this year.

I never play online but I still want to get the best experience...but I am useless!!!

Any top five tips to help my game would be very useful.

Thanks

Hold/Press LT to hold off a player. Can also use it when jumping for headers, backing into a player etc. Fighting for a loose ball, just press it. And to chest the ball down if you're controlling a big striker. Very handy online when people are trying to pace their way from behind and take the ball from you, and when they are pressuring your ass off in midfield. Not sure offline

Press LB to trigger a player run, RB to make a player come short if you need to force either

LB + RB + shoot for low driven shot. Still seems quite OP this year. Keeper can't get down quick enough to stop it

Really need to start earning some coins instead of spending them. Still think I prefer Career to FUT.

Not sure how accustomed you lot are to FUT. There's coin boosts available in the Catalogue from main screen. Select Ultimate Team and then apply the coin boosts (start with the 1000 ones!). Then every game you'll get like 1500 coins back. Also if you can fit some games in today/tonight in that Rivals thing, there's rewards coming from that later ish, depending what rank you are. That's all I've been doing so far. Gone up a few ranks and my reward looks alright for my efforts.
EDIT: Also some free contracts with 99 games on them and free kits/balls to quick sell in catalogue.
EDIT: The Rivals rewards are out. So you'll be working towards the next set of rewards, a week away maybe.

Could try fast-build up during attacks and try telling one of your CM's to stay back during attacks and to cover the centre rather than the wing, as you have 3 CBs. Seems to be working for me. Sort of counter attack style, way more passing options. And Neves doesn't venture forward, at all. (Both in custom tactics)

Also if you're being pressured like crazy, the other person has literally clicked one button. Again in custom tactics, 'constantly pressure' under defending. Hard but gotta try and pass around it, keep your back to players etc.

I'm far from being good but if you're new to online it will take some getting used to.

I love this - in the new FIFA, when negotiating with Petr Cech, he appears with his head guard on :icon_lol:

DoFhIHTXgAA5Ww6

I love this - in the new FIFA, when negotiating with Petr Cech, he appears with his head guard on :icon_lol:

DoFhIHTXgAA5Ww6

Alan Pardew has aged a lot but good to see he is back working in Football

Alan Pardew has aged a lot but good to see he is back working in Football

Off topic but fact of the day:

Exactly 6 years ago today, Alan Pardew signed an 8 year contract extension with Newcastle. So he still has 2 years left of it to run.

Just rage quit an online game, whoever it was I was playing against was just unbelievable. His players were twice as quick as mine, if I broke with a through ball with a good few yards head start he’d catch me before I even got near the area and barge me off the ball. I couldn’t hold the ball against him at all and he’d just keep barging me off somehow. None of his passes went astray once and he was pinging ridiculous shots at me from 30/40 yards which were all raspers. I turned it off when his second goal went in after half time from around 35 yards out.

Im in Division 6 on Rivals up to Rank 2. Hopefully get to Rank one. Drawn 1 Won 4 so far.

I’m not even ranked. Drew my first 0-0 and quit that second one. I’ve never seen anything like that, I don’t mind losing but not in that manner, I couldn’t even get hold of the fucking ball. Frank Ribery is not that fucking quick.

Back