• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

You are wrong here. The law was brought in to prevent the previously common act of what we now call goal hanging.
You are factually wrong. And if you DM I can provide multiple sources about why the law was changed. And it always mentions goal hanging. Not millimetres """offside""" goals.
Ah, so it should only count inside the penalty area?

Glad “spirit of the law” is such an objective measure.

You are wrong here. The law was brought in to prevent the previously common act of what we now call goal hanging.
You are factually wrong. And if you DM I can provide multiple sources about why the law was changed. And it always mentions goal hanging. Not millimetres """offside""" goals.
To be honest I don't care why it was brought in over 140 years ago, the fact it was brought in that long ago renders the reasoning of its initial inception irrelevant

I care that its OK for Coufal to smash a player in the head with force and not even get a card.

Funnily enough Coufal could have made that challenge in the 1800s without punishment too.

Loads of your own fans agree with me and that's enough for me!
Enjoy watching games with goals disallowed over millimetres if that's what you want to do.

Loads of your own fans agree with me and that's enough for me!
Enjoy watching games with goals disallowed over millimetres if that's what you want to do.
You’re clawing at a memory of a time that never existed, homie.

You can argue some tight offsides and even the spirit of it, but this one is clearly offside, looked offside at the time and no matter how often or from what angle, it looked offside. Without VAR the lino just puts his flag up in the first place.
It's offside.

It doesn't matter if it was 1mm or 1 mile, it's offside. VAR made the correct decision, as much as it pains me to say that.

'The spirit of the game' isn't an argument I really understand TBQH. What is in the spirit of the game? Giving us a goal back for trying because it's Christmas time?

The only gripe with the offside goal is that it should have took ten seconds not two minutes.
No we needed to see 70 seconds of an extreme close up of the ball as Semedo hit it.

VAR need to do something about feigning injury, Acrobat clearly get touched in the chest but holds his fucking head.

He's offside! To the point I didn't even celebrate the goal. Nothing to do with VAR.
In the ground we all half-heartedly cheered and then everyone said "shame he's offside". Pretty much everyone felt he was offside and we were amazed it took so long.
Seeing the stills make it look like a pretty obvious offside by var standards.

The laws of football were never written with VAR in mind. VAR is ruling goals out for things near impossible to tell with the human eye.
I and many others thought he was offside live and if I was running the line, as a neutral, would have flagged.

Your saying the goal should have been allowed, but replays proved he was offside, where is the line drawn then, would a foot offside be no goal?

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if it was 1mm or 1 mile, it's offside. VAR made the correct decision, as much as it pains me to say that.

'The spirit of the game' isn't an argument I really understand TBQH. What is in the spirit of the game? Giving us a goal back for trying because it's Christmas time?
Whilst I agree with the rest of the post, if someone is 1mm offside then it isn't within the technology's margin of error to give that confidently, and I wouldn't be happy. The framerates just aren't enough to be certain at those discrepancies.

Without VAR I’m certain the flag goes up today. Yep I agree the tech probably isn’t up to the split second frame but it’s as close as you can get and it’s the same for everyone. I’m not sat here thinking we were robbed today helps the fact that we were shit 75% of the game.

Without VAR I’m certain the flag goes up today. Yep I agree the tech probably isn’t up to the split second frame but it’s as close as you can get and it’s the same for everyone. I’m not sat here thinking we were robbed today helps the fact that we were shit 75% of the game.
Agreed.

It is weird the anti VAR dude isn't bothered about the forearm smash in the head of Bellegarde that VAR were fine with.

Back