• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

Agreed.

It is weird the anti VAR dude isn't bothered about the forearm smash in the head of Bellegarde that VAR were fine with.
VAR just doesn't work. The foul wasn't deemed by VAR as a red but it was by many fans.

Football is subjective and open to interpretation, but VAR implies decisions are always factual. Which isn't the case.

I'm not sure how many more times I can say that without boring everyone to tears.

If you want my personal opinion, the west ham player is very lucky to stay on the pitch in the modern game.

It's more clear and obvious bollocks. It's a red for me, but as it didn't get given on the pitch VAR aren't going to suggest it is and giving a yellow isn't in remit

VAR just doesn't work. The foul wasn't deemed by VAR as a red but it was by many fans.

Football is subjective and open to interpretation, but VAR implies decisions are always factual. Which isn't the case.

I'm not sure how many more times I can say that without boring everyone to tears.

If you want my personal opinion, the west ham player is very lucky to stay on the pitch in the modern game.
That decision is not a fault of VAR, it looked a red card in normal time on the Telly, ref 'missed' it, Gillet should have sent the ref to the footage.
It's just really bad mistakes by 2 humans.

It's more clear and obvious bollocks. It's a red for me, but as it didn't get given on the pitch VAR aren't going to suggest it is and giving a yellow isn't in remit
I think the fact the ref gave no card should suggest to the VAR that the ref hasn't seen it properly and make him look at it.

If he sees that again he sends him off, no question.

That decision is not a fault of VAR, it looked a red card in normal time on the Telly, ref 'missed' it, Gillet should have sent the ref to the footage.
It's just really bad mistakes by 2 humans.
Humans = human error
Football = subjective
VAR = doomed to fail

Is that what they've said? If so that's absolute bollocks. Clear and obvious doesn't come into it.
Coufal clearly swung his arm, elbow first and connected with his head (whichever part of his arm) at best it's reckless and dangerous, there's no other decision to make, it's a straight red.

Is that what they've said? If so that's absolute bollocks. Clear and obvious doesn't come into it.
Coufal clearly swung his arm, elbow first and connected with his head (whichever part of his arm) at best it's reckless and dangerous, there's no other decision to make, it's a straight red.
Defender in chief Gallagher

I think the fact the ref gave no card should suggest to the VAR that the ref hasn't seen it properly and make him look at it.

If he sees that again he sends him off, no question.
I simply can't understand why this step is missing and always has been.

"Hi Chris, recommend you take a look at the screen, challenge by Claret, 5."

Don't tell him what you think, leave it up to him. Would cut out so much of the delays (VAR is only ever flagging an issue, not watching replays over and over and making a decision) and maintains the sanctity of the on-field ref that they're desperate to protect.

Don't tell him what you think, leave it up to him. Would cut out so much of the delays (VAR is only ever flagging an issue, not watching replays over and over and making a decision) and maintains the sanctity of the on-field ref that they're desperate to protect.
This, and by the time the ref has gone to the screen they will have cued the replays up (they should be shown on a big screen and I've no idea why they don't).

Last edited:

Would work for soft pens as well. "Hi Chris, would you like us to queue up the other angles for a quick review?" and if it's a clear pen the ref can just say "no thanks, happy with my on field call".

Puts the onus back on the ref and speeds everything up.

His reasoning for why Nunez wasn't booked for dissent is absolute drivel.

Same old thing, they started the season saying "we're going to clamp down on this", loads of soft ones early on (Joao Gomes got one at Goodison for kicking the ball away when he didn't do anything), now they just do it haphazardly. Ryan Yates could/should have had 5 on Friday night and got 0.

The fact he can't see the inconsistency and then hides behind wailing about being complained about no matter what, is what annoys me.

Just give everyone the same punishment consistently you utter pricks.

Semedo and Ait Nouri kept getting yellows for time wasting on throw ins too which was then a big factor in Semedo getting banned. Ait Nouri would have likely got banned too had he not been injured as he was on 4

Semedo and Ait Nouri kept getting yellows for time wasting on throw ins too which was then a big factor in Semedo getting banned. Ait Nouri would have likely got banned too had he not been injured as he was on 4
Was there one against Palace (i think) that RAN got for a throw in that was a joke, or was that United? (Or both)

Was there one against Palace (i think) that RAN got for a throw in that was a joke, or was that United? (Or both)

Semedo got a crap yellow in that game for a tangle of legs when the forward was going towards the corner flag so not a “promising attack”. Clumsy from Semedo as per but also just never a yellow when it was early in the game, his first foul and what I already said. Then you look at the two the Fulham players didn’t get and it’s just not consistent at all.

I certainly recall both Semedo and RAN getting at least one yellow each for “time wasting”.

Speaking of throw in's, wtf happened to foul throws getting given to the opposite team, Ive seen loads every match the last few seasons and I can only recall one getting given, recently at Molineux.

Last edited:
Back