• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

No way was the offside law invented to prevent goals like this. 6 seasons ago that's a goal and no one bats an eyelid
No one?

Not even West Ham supporters? Come on, now.

Screenshot_20231217_160118_X.jpg

Don't tell me anyone seriously thinks it is fair or rational to disallow a goal because of this???

By using VAR against VAR, you, too, have become...

Well, it's kind of ironic.

But he didn't. And he shouldn't. Because the law wasn't invented to prevent goals like.that.
The law was invented to prevent offside goals, it WAS offside.

If you want to criticise VAR then query why Coufal hasn't been sent off for 2 fucking disgusting and dangerous "challenges" straight out of the Ben Thatcher scrapbook, genuinely disgusting, and without VAR the FA probably look at those challenges and punish him - because we have VAR now, they won't.

The laws of football were never written with VAR in mind. VAR is ruling goals out for things near impossible to tell with the human eye.

I'm more pissed off about this challenge not getting even a booking than the performance. What are they doing in that VAR room!?

Sarabia was offside, I thought offside with 0 replays. Let's not pretend "that's a goal 20 years ago", it isn't.
It’s a goal and everyone just accepts it dontchaknow

The law was invented to prevent offside goals, it WAS offside.

If you want to criticise VAR then query why Coufal hasn't been sent off for 2 fucking disgusting and dangerous "challenges" straight out of the Ben Thatcher scrapbook, genuinely disgusting, and without VAR the FA probably look at those challenges and punish him - because we have VAR now, they won't.
You are wrong here. The law was brought in to prevent the previously common act of what we now call goal hanging.
You are factually wrong. And if you DM I can provide multiple sources about why the law was changed. And it always mentions goal hanging. Not millimetres """offside""" goals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231217_161630_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231217_161630_Chrome.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 2
Back