• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

I'd assume it would be for stuff like dissent, it's a shit idea in football.
The officials just need to be better on field and VAR just needs to be applied properly, it shouldn't be that difficult.....I'm not holding my breath though.
Dissent and none violent professional fouls. Man City/Moutinho specials. It'll go the way of the Lemina 3rd man rule or the waving of an imaginary card after a week or so when the first week of the season is carnage

10 minute sin bin? You watch a keeper immediately go down with a “serious muscular injury” in his own area and stay down for treatment for at least six or seven minutes, before hoofing the drop ball up front for a forward to chase, whereupon a slight muscle “twinge” will occur to wipe out the final 3 minutes of being a man down.

10 minute sin bin? You watch a keeper immediately go down with a “serious muscular injury” in his own area and stay down for treatment for at least six or seven minutes, before hoofing the drop ball up front for a forward to chase, whereupon a slight muscle “twinge” will occur to wipe out the final 3 minutes of being a man down.
Adding more complications and laws to a game that has been seriously impacted by new complications and laws is fucking stupid.

The game is going to be totally ruined. 👴

There were hardly any changes to laws between the back pass law coming in and VAR, but since VAR there have been changes every few weeks (it feels like).

I thought VAR would be a good thing, and if it was done right it would be, but I just don't see how it is going to improve, so just fuck it off.

Bring in automated offsides and leave the goal line tech. But everything else should just come down to the ref.

(Ironically I'm asking for more change myself, but, a change back)

There were hardly any changes to laws between the back pass law coming in and VAR, but since VAR there have been changes every few weeks (it feels like).

I thought VAR would be a good thing, and if it was done right it would be, but I just don't see how it is going to improve, so just fuck it off.

Bring in automated offsides and leave the goal line tech. But everything else should just come down to the ref.

(Ironically I'm asking for more change myself, but, a change back)

Another VAR horror right now. Pawson didn't give it but VAR flexed their muscles once again. Wank.

1702716524477.png

Musk being a wanker again it seems.

Yes, I deleted as links aren't showing. Webb said on his latest bit with Owen that games are going to be stopped as soon as VAR look into an incident, so you won't get situations like the Palace V Liverpool one again. Feel like that's ripe for controversy

Disallowing that Wolves goal is totally against the spirit of the offside law. Human eye can't spot that, it was to prevent goal hanging. Absolute joke.

Disallowing that Wolves goal is totally against the spirit of the offside law. Human eye can't spot that, it was to prevent goal hanging. Absolute joke.
A margin might have seen it given but it felt offside even from the broadcast angle. Turned out to be tighter than that but still was the correct decision ultimately.

You could see he was off from the first still, it didn't need to take that long. There's been a lot tighter ones than that where they are measuring shoulders versus toes, which I would agree are against the spirit. I don't think that was though

You could see he was off from the first still, it didn't need to take that long. There's been a lot tighter ones than that where they are measuring shoulders versus toes, which I would agree are against the spirit. I don't think that was though
Could you? It wasn't the defenders foot it was the ball and that was very tight. No way you could see that from the first still.

Jesus wept Bentley. Does he ever make a save from distance?

No way was the offside law invented to prevent goals like this. 6 seasons ago that's a goal and no one bats an eyelid

Back