• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

All you are doing there is accommodating the issue. The ref should be sent to the monitor for another look if VAR thinks there is something he's missed or misinterpreted. It shouldn't mean he is wrong or that changing the decision is inevitable. Neither should the decision be made over his head unless it is a matter of fact such as an offside

All you are doing there is accommodating the issue. The ref should be sent to the monitor for another look if VAR thinks there is something he's missed or misinterpreted. It shouldn't mean he is wrong or that changing the decision is inevitable. Neither should the decision be made over his head unless it is a matter of fact such as an offside
Dont see the problem tbh. In cricket they just say: 'recommend you reverse the decision'.
Everyone knows that's going to happen, it's shown on the big screen.
It's just wasting more time having the ref jog over to the pitchside TV.

Dont see the problem tbh. In cricket they just say: 'recommend you reverse the decision'.
Everyone knows that's going to happen, it's shown on the big screen.
It's just wasting more time having the ref jog over to the pitchside TV.
Not comparable, bump balls catches aside, cricket decisions are factual, football is subjective

Not comparable, bump balls catches aside, cricket decisions are factual, football is subjective
Yes in numerous cases they are. But in most they are not.
The Hwang penalty, the Gomes handball and the Onana clattering of Sasa were definitely the wrong call.
The Doherty push was subjective i'd say.

what about when Nunes boot was pulled off, and when Pope grabbed Raul's ankle?
It's a joke.

Yes in numerous cases they are. But in most they are not.
The Hwang penalty, the Gomes handball and the Onana clattering of Sasa were definitely the wrong call.
The Doherty push was subjective i'd say.
That's not true, there were plenty of people after the game that said the Onana one wasn't a foul, Carragher in the studio for one. Webb himself said the Gomes penalty was the correct decision. You can have an opinion and I'd agree with you, but it still is subjective

Last edited:
That's not true, there were plenty of people after the game that said the Onana one wasn't a foul, Carragher in the studio for one. Webb himself said the Gomes penalty was the correct decision. You can have an opinion and I'd agree with you, but it still is subjective
I agree with your point generally, it is all subjective, its not like offside which is binary.

But I think Carragher was the only high profile person who felt it wasn't a foul by Onana?

Looking at the complete howlers in the Chelsea women’s game last night with no VAR is a good argument as to why it’s needed, nevertheless the on field officials are a disgrace for getting it so wrong.

That was against Forest in the Carabao Cup when VAR wasn't in use.

It wasn't in use in the quarters but was in the semi, so had the same incident happened in the following round it would've been reviewed.

I also think its outrageous VAR is used in some FA Cup games but not all. That adds to the conspiratorial angle that it's weighted to the bigger teams.

Overall effect of the two decisions is neutral, but it doesn’t stop them both being wrong.

I don't have an issue with that offside, but as I type it it's still not been given

They’re great at doing this halfway through a season when teams have already been fucked over by it. But it’ll make little difference anyway if the gimps watching the video are of the mind of those watching the Hwang Newcastle bollocks.

Back