• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

Interesting that the article also makes reference to the rise of dissent. Who could imagine that a succession of appalling decisions would lead to players and management publicly getting pissed off?

In a world where those two decisions go against you is disgraceful. Pre VAR you win one you lose one. To lose both!?

In a world where those two decisions go against you is disgraceful. Pre VAR you win one you lose one. To lose both!?
The second penalty is the worst one of the season for me, because all the others were given on the field so in a none VAR world we are still in the same situation.

Having had to whatsapp people watching at home to have a clue what was happening on Saturday night I would disagree - VAR is fundamentally not fit for purpose for match going fans. Fuck it off
Still this.

Only the tagging was my issue.

On VAR, I'm squarely in the "no longer talking about it" camp. My previous position is clearly untenable.

Genie is out of the bottle and it won’t be going back in… PGMOL need to fuck off the nonsense that is “clear and obvious” and the referees need to have the balls to tell “their mates” that they are wrong.
Unlikely to happen though

Webb should be speaking to Atwell first thing and asking him to explain his consistency and upholding “ clear & Obvious” was like a pic n mix tonight. A result that feels manufactured.
As some have said you either go to the monitor on both or neither of them.

Webb said after the Newcastle one that in those scenarios the ref should be sent to the screen. Pratwells looked at the first one tonight for 3 minutes and decided to go against the very recent advice of Webb. He should be taken off duty full stop. On top of that the head butt decision is ludicrous as it goes against the rules. You can debate subjective ones but that one is just ridiculous.

Webb said after the Newcastle one that in those scenarios the ref should be sent to the screen. Pratwells looked at the first one tonight for 3 minutes and decided to go against the very recent advice of Webb. He should be taken off duty full stop. On top of that the head butt decision is ludicrous as it goes against the rules. You can debate subjective ones but that one is just ridiculous.
What he says is just bluster in his cosy moment with Owen. The ref wasn't sent to look at the Sheff U pen, or the City one against Chelsea, both those were after the Newcastle pen. Then tonight he isn't for one that clearly isn't a penalty and is for one that's another dive and gives it because once that happens they are weak and feel they should give it

Back