• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

Well if it is all bluster for Webb what is the point in him even being there? He is in fucking charge.

We’re going over old ground here on what’s already been said. But Atwell has stared at the Cairney pen and the sideways angle shows Semedo got the ball and there was little if any Contact. He then just decides to ingore this and watch the angle from behind Cairney where the contact on the ball is less obvious and you see Semedo’s leg go in front of Cairney so could look like a trip (even though the other angle shows he didn’t trip him). He’s actively ignored the conclusive view to then repeatedly look at the inconclusive view to support a wrong decision. Why has he done this? Why are they still trying to find any “evidence” to support wrong calls? Can’t wait to hear the Audio in 4 weeks when it’s all blown over with him trying to justify it.

The game is being ruined by the utter incompetence of the officials. To the point where it’s getting harder and harder to bother watching any more, certainly live. I would rather let the incompetents get through their ninety minutes idiocy without watching it and descending into fury.

VAR to be extended? Sounds great...

More tech and less human would be a start.

Semi-automation of offsides and contact at penalties (both can be done) and taking it away from officials is the only course we can take at this point.

As evidenced in a few of the last 'verdict' threads, it's saddening that we spend less time after a football match discussing the football these days.
I'm sure he'd rather not be talking about it, but it has taken away from a poorly managed game by O'Neil. Gives him an easy ride from that perspective.

More tech and less human would be a start.

Semi-automation of offsides and contact at penalties (both can be done) and taking it away from officials is the only course we can take at this point.
You do know humans run the tech right?

You don't know how automation works do you?

Please come back when you've read up on it.
I do actually Jonathon.

You were responding to someone saying that VAR will be used for free kicks, corners and yellow cards.

Do you think that will be automated too?

I do actually Jonathon.

You were responding to someone saying that VAR will be used for free kicks, corners and yellow cards.

Do you think that will be automated too?
By your response you clearly don't. As I said come back when you want to discuss automation not your silly agenda.

By your response you clearly don't. As I said come back when you want to discuss automation not your silly agenda.
Your attempt to make me look like the idiot here is hilarious.

I understand semi-automation perfectly. You cannot automate subjective decisions like free kicks and yellow cards.

You're being petulant because I keep being proven correct about VAR, game after game.

By the way, my "silly agenda" would be taking football back to the game you and almost every other user on this forum fell in love with.

My "silly agenda" means scrapping a failing technology not working.

It's ever changing though, like any innovation. It'll keep changing, keep improving, and also keep making controversial calls. Ultimately, we now get fewer factually incorrect calls than we did five years ago. There will always be disagreeable decisions, and they definitely need to change the bar for reversing decisions and speed things up a bit, but overall it's better for sporting integrity, even if it compromises the live viewing experience

It's ever changing though, like any innovation. It'll keep changing, keep improving, and also keep making controversial calls. Ultimately, we now get fewer factually incorrect calls than we did five years ago. There will always be disagreeable decisions, and they definitely need to change the bar for reversing decisions and speed things up a bit, but overall it's better for sporting integrity, even if it compromises the live viewing experience
I admire your optimistic outlook on life :)

Oooo, it will improve? Not with these clowns running it

How long, and how many apologies will it take for them to implement this wonderful outcome? Asking for my mate Gary...

Back