• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

And now Arsenal release a club statement demanding better refereeing. I mean yeah, OK, the standard of our refereeing is wank for the most part, there’s no real argument there, but this is the problem with football. The ‘big clubs’ didn’t say a fucking word when they’re benefitting from VAR (Liverpool largely against us) and the smaller clubs just have to grin and bear it. But when the shoe is on the other foot the bigger clubs think they can just demand explanations, games replayed, better refereeing standards etc. Why weren’t you bothered the past few seasons? Oh, because it always went your way. That’s why. It’s sickening, and if anything points to at least some level of bias in the decision making.
Only recently arteta was encouraging giving var/webb/the officials more time...

Only recently arteta was encouraging giving var/webb/the officials more time...
Exactly. There’s no collective desire for it to improve, if it’s benefitting the bigger clubs they’ll keep quiet and leave it. If it affects them once they’ll go ballistic. Win at any cost and fuck the smaller clubs, FFP was designed for that and VAR is helping it along even if it is unintentional bias. What makes VAR worse is it screws us against the shit sides as well.

One interesting bit about the Arteta rant will be what happens because of it. GON has been very quiet in relation. Will these statement and strong words take action quicker because of the size of the club. Gary Neville has said we are entering dangerous territory regarding attacks at officials like Arteta did.

One interesting bit about the Arteta rant will be what happens because of it. GON has been very quiet in relation. Will these statement and strong words take action quicker because of the size of the club. Gary Neville has said we are entering dangerous territory regarding attacks at officials like Arteta did.
He's an enormous hypocrite given the way he, his captain and manager hounded officials

Like the Laws of the Game, English has a lot of grey area...

Probably the first Britishism that weaseled its way into my vernacular tbh.

Should have been twat.
Nearly was until someone told me the etymology!

Shame, it's a furiously fun word to say and it really sends Americans on a trip.

Oh. I get it.

Rude!

Nearly was until someone told me the etymology!

Shame, it's a furiously fun word to say and it really sends Americans on a trip.
It's very much like a lot of 'swear words' they kind of have a dual meaning. 'Fuck' and 'Fucking' is nothing but a decent adjective.
Twat is another, my wife will often call me a twat if I've done something silly.

As she has one, she's allowed. :)

I may get on crusades over language but I think that's one I'm better off letting lie when I see it.

If you're now giving us lessons on the English language as well as VAR, it's 'There are two distinct meanings...'
I'm not giving you a lesson about VAR.

Ultimately there's a range of opinions from my Scrap it, to people who want to change it, to some people who are all for it.

My position is (obviously) scrapping it and the point of the thread was welcoming anyone who agreed to get involved in the campaign, maybe even sign the petition.
I respect the ones who want to change it, ultimately I think you'll forever be disappointed though because football is such a subjective game. For example, I don't think it was a red card to Udogie in the game tonight, VAR agrees, but many disagree. There is no right answer as frustrating as people find that.
I think people who are all for it just see the game very differently to me indeed.

I probably will bid farewell now because I don't really think there's any angle of debate we haven't covered yet. I have had some good interactions on here though and it's a good forum.

I hear there's some anti VAR banners coming soon at Wolves so I'll be looking out for that.

Over n out, f-ck VAR (y)

Of course it's a red for Udogie. 30 years ago you couldn't launch yourself like that FFS

Back