• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Espanyol (H) 20/2 Build-Up & Match Thread

Maybe it isn't just me that isn't a massive fan of the Europa?

Probably not (the bloke next to me and his son haven't been to any Europa games, don't know if they're coming tonight) but I can only tell you what I think, I can't speak for other people.

Maybe it isn't just me that isn't a massive fan of the Europa?

Why STH's don't turn up will be a whole host of reasons. From additional cost, family commitments etc but I doubt anyone sits there and thinks, not for me the Europa is a bag of shit (I didn't do the Man Utd Cup game but I like the FA Cup)

Maths might not be you're strong put but in a league that holds 20....6th itself isn't far off mid table.

I'm assuming you mean

your strong point

Turns out your English is worse than my maths. I won't use the word disingenuous, you might struggle.

Because there's at least 5 teams in it I think are either better than us or don't suit the way we play enough for us to beat over 2 legs.

Care to name them? Not arguing

Personally think we've shown enough ability to raise our game to be able to take on anyone who's left. But it's far from guaranteed.

Care to name them? Not arguing

Personally think we've shown enough ability to raise our game to be able to take on anyone who's left. But it's far from guaranteed.

Inter, Ajax and Sevilla 3 of them

We haven't beaten Man Utd this season and they are still in it.

Why STH's don't turn up will be a whole host of reasons. From additional cost, family commitments etc but I doubt anyone sits there and thinks, not for me the Europa is a bag of shit (I didn't do the Man Utd Cup game but I like the FA Cup)

Agree loads of reasons but they seem to be tuned off in bigger numbers from the Europa than any other competition. Don't get me wrong its suited me had a way better choice of seats than I normally get.

Then I get in the Southbank (usually don't for league games) and despite not being that fussed about the competition I sing my head off for 90mins...………..so that 'ouh its a shit atmosphere cuz people aren't by the people they normally are' excuse can go in the bin too.

How have you got a quote from me in there lincs?

Anyway, I am bloody loving the Europa League journey, and I think we can go all the way if we have a little bit of luck. I’d love us to win a major trophy.

Do I think we'll win the Europa League? No.

Do I think we'll finish higher than we did last season? No.

Have I enjoyed the run? Yes, and I hope we go as far as we possibly can, you never know.

I might never see this again, I couldn't really give two hoots with how it compares to the UEFA Cup or whatever. I'm a Wolves fan, I want Wolves to win every single game.

I'm assuming you mean

your strong point

Turns out your English is worse than my maths. I won't use the word disingenuous, you might struggle.

Silly auto correct but hey you win 1-0 my proof reading a post to some saddo I'll never meet isn't quite up to scratch.

Do I think we'll win the Europa League? No.

Do I think we'll finish higher than we did last season? No.

Have I enjoyed the run? Yes, and I hope we go as far as we possibly can, you never know.

I might never see this again, I couldn't really give two hoots with how it compares to the UEFA Cup or whatever. I'm a Wolves fan, I want Wolves to win every single game.

Never said I didn't want us to win, I said it shouldn't be prioritised over the league. Hope we win both games this week, but if had to only be one it'd be Sunday for me.

Agree loads of reasons but they seem to be tuned off in bigger numbers from the Europa than any other competition. .

I would say the same as other Cup comps. A home League Cup game for instance you would get a ticket easily. The vast majority it will be cost and then who are we playing. I saw more regular faces for the Torino game that I did for Crusaders and Pyunik. So folk treating the early stages like any other Cup game. If its a huge name or game they will be in town. Take the 3rd Round of the FA Cup last season v the final home game in the same comp. 1 easy to get a ticket, despite it being Liverpool and the other had people desperate to get hold of them.

As for the atmosphere, can't give you any answers on that. Maybe it will be different tonight or going forward should we progress (If we progress and get a Glasgow team, the atmosphere will be amazing)

Never said I didn't want us to win, I said it shouldn't be prioritised over the league. Hope we win both games this week, but if had to only be one it'd be Sunday for me.

Personally I think the league more or less looks after itself, it's fairly fanciful to see us breaking into the top 4/5 (we don't win enough) and we aren't going down. These are knockout ties and you can get a run with a bit of luck, look at some of the teams that have gone deep in the past, they weren't the best in the tournament on paper but things went their way. So in a straight choice (not that we have to make one) I'd have the win and a clean sheet tonight.

No problem with your position, it's just not the same as mine.

Ajax managed to finish behind Valencia who got absolutely torn apart last night. They've got a job on against Getafe, they might honestly struggle to get through - don't think they're the team they were last year.

Would not mind drawing them though, would be a great couple of games (being presumptive, I know)

Sevilla only managed a draw against Espanyol at home on the weekend so I guess we'll see how we measure up!

Do I think we will win it, No.

Do.i think we can, with Nuno and this team yes I fucking do.

We have a wonderful team.that can match and beat any team over 2 legs.

Man City - Beat
Liverpool - Matched
Leicester- better team over the 2 games
Spurs better team at Molineux

We will not play a better team.than Liverpool or Man City in the Europa Cup.
I think at the minute we are probably better suited to Cup games than league games.

My prediction would be the following

Quarter Final (semi would not surprise me )
5th in the league.

We are better than Utd.....

It’s interesting. Inter are the team I would absolutely want to avoid, and if we can progress I would hope they got drawn against someone like United or Ajax. My big hope is that we can go really deep in the competition and I would love to draw Benfica at some point. That would be awesome.

Anyway, knocked off work early and having a swifty in the Western before popping home to get changed for the game. There are a few Espanyol fans in here. Very nice folks.

Winning the Europa League would be the biggest thing to happen to this club since the 50s. Even getting to the last four would be massive. It would catapult us into a cohort of clubs we could only dream of being part of a few years ago. It would make signing players easier and it would put Wolverhampton on the map.

The impact is an order of magnitude higher than finishing 6th or 5th. For me, it would be a bigger achievement than qualifying for the Champions League from any league position other than winning the league title.

And all that to one side, we'd actually win a real fucking trophy. There would be parades. As people have said, it's the very reason we support a team and watch this sport. It would be the highest moment of most of our Wolves supporting lives.

I cannot understand the mindset of people who do not see it this way. What do they derive joy from?

Silly auto correct but hey you win 1-0 my proof reading a post to some saddo I'll never meet isn't quite up to scratch.

U ok hun?

Properly wound up for some reason? And by saddos on a forum you won't meet, not worth it!

Unless you're always this angry.

In my experience, it is usually because I am in their seat :icon_wink:

besiktas and braga were proper highlights of my season. Atmosphere at besiktas was fucking superb by the way.

Back