• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (A) 3/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

Sponsored by Amazon Prime. DM me for discounts...
Reaction score
A point would be good here, a win would be excellent. I'm not quite sure what to make of them so far, they look alright but they won't be blowing teams away.

--------------------------Sa-------------------------

Semedo--------Dawson--------Kilman-----Bueno

Neto------------Gomes----------Lemina-----Ait-Nouri

-----------------------Cunha-----------------------------

-----------------------Kalajdzic--------------------------

2022/23: W 2-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2021/22 : L 0-2 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2020/21: W 2-0 (H), L 0-1 (A), W 1-0 (H, FAC)
2019/20: W 2-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2018/19: L 0-2 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2012/13: L 1-2 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2009/10: D 2-2 (H, FAC), L 1-3 (A, FAC)
2008/9: W 2-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2007/8: L 0-3 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2006/7: D 1-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2005/6: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2002/3: W 4-0 (H), L 2-3 (A)
2001/2: L 0-1 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2000/1: L 1-3 (H), W 2-0 (A)
1999/0: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1998/9: D 0-0 (H), L 2-3 (H)
1996/7: L 0-3 (H), W 3-2 (A), L 1-3 (A, P/O), W 2-1 (H, P/O)
1995/6: L 0-2 (H), L 2-3 (A)
1994/5: D 1-1 (A, FAC), L 1-4 (H, FAC)

Stop Eze and you stop Palace really, he’s really bloody good. I’d take a draw for sure.

46 on the quiz! My pre 2000 knowledge not so strong :(

Same team as Dan’s for me

Can 't see Sasa starting two matches in 6 days . We have to mind him as much as possible now that he has goals in him - scruffy or not .

Maybe I'm being overly cautious , but might make more sense to wait till after International break perhaps .

Can 't see Sasa starting two matches in 6 days . We have to mind him as much as possible now that he has goals in him - scruffy or not .

Maybe I'm being overly cautious , but might make more sense to wait till after International break perhaps .
Yeah that’s true actually. A first proper sixty minutes in the bank, at least GON should be able to use him for half an hour or so!

Reactions: b3h
Deutsch's team if Sasa has another game in him, it'll be Fabio though. I'd like to get Neto on to the left, but not really much of an alternative for the right - Palace don't seem like Sarabia's type of opponent and he's better in some sort of central role.

Hwang is available apparently, so takes Hodge's bench place

I'd go with Deutsch's team but Silva upfront instead of Sasa. As others have said just think it's a bit of a risk pre-international break to give him two games in six days given his injury record, especially as he seems to be hitting the ground running a bit with the goals.

I'd go with Deutsch's team but Silva upfront instead of Sasa. As others have said just think it's a bit of a risk pre-international break to give him two games in six days given his injury record, especially as he seems to be hitting the ground running a bit with the goals.
I’m desperate for Sasa to start, as I believe he’s one of the only players in the squad who knows where the back of the net is, but I agree with the thinking here. Give Fabio one more start, Sasa half hour or so, and then hopefully he‘ll be ready to start after the international break.

The only other change I’d consider is Sarabia on the right, Neto back to the left.

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Bueno
Lemina Gomes
Sarabia Cunha Neto
Silva

I’d love him in the line-up too, but I do think we’ve got a player in him who can net 10-15 this year and apart from maybe Silva, I struggle to think who else in the squad might get those numbers.

I’m the same re. Sarabia too but quite harsh to drop RAN I think.

I’m desperate for Sasa to start, as I believe he’s one of the only players in the squad who knows where the back of the net is, but I agree with the thinking here. Give Fabio one more start, Sasa half hour or so, and then hopefully he‘ll be ready to start after the international break.

The only other change I’d consider is Sarabia on the right, Neto back to the left.

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Bueno
Lemina Gomes
Sarabia Cunha Neto
Silva

Same line up for me.

I’m all on board with what we were trying yesterday tbh.

Semedo - Doherty - Dawson - Kilman - Aït-Nouri
Gomes - Lemina
Sarabia
Cunha - Silva
Not really the time to throw that kind of pitch tbf. Maybe if we get further in a cup competition.

I’m all on board with what we were trying yesterday tbh.

Semedo - Doherty - Dawson - Kilman - Aït-Nouri
Gomes - Lemina
Sarabia
Cunha - Silva
Not really the time to throw that kind of pitch tbf. Maybe if we get further in a cup competition.
I’ve defended your more wacky posts on here before but this is a massive step too far.

Removing a more creative player in order to include.. Matt Doherty.. is not what I think this team needs.
Doc is our biggest goal threat, gets in great positions and scores a few.

I would start him over Semedo not shoehorn him in.

I need a sarcasm ruling, I feel the above post could go either way. 🤔
I am a big fan, was my POTS a few seasons back.
My post is a bit of hyperbole I will admit.

My team

Sa
Doherty Dawson Kilman RAN
Lemina Gomes
Sarabia Hwang
Cunha
Silva

I am a big fan, was my POTS a few seasons back.
My post is a bit of hyperbole I will admit.

My team

Sa
Doherty Dawson Kilman RAN
Lemina Gomes
Sarabia Hwang
Cunha
Silva
You do you, I don't think you'll be competing with many for real estate on the Docherty > Semedo island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back