• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Yea,it's strange they were promising to do 100,000 tests by the end of April,and hit that mark on the 30th,which was coincidentally the end of April,and haven't got anywhere near before or since

69,463 tests 'performed' yesterday, some of them posted out and some of them multiple tests 'on' 57,006 individual people.

In less than a week, we've gone from exceeding an "audacious target" for mass testing with 122,317 'performed' on the 30th April with a 3.65% rise in new cases testing positive, that is "vital to ending the lockdown", to close to halving that number, 69,463 tests 'performed' yesterday with 3.16% a rise in new cases testing positive, the second highest over that period and the highest death toll in Europe, but there being "no demand" to utilise the new 100k+ a day capacity.

I'd better watch my tone, I wouldn't want to upset anyone.

30/04 122,317
01/05 105,937
02/05 76,493
03/05 85,186
04/05 84,806
05/05 69,463

EXXN3lcVcAIUmpq

Cunts, honestly. State of this messaging.

Anyone want to join me for a picnic on Monday?

So we've currently got as our essentials:

- Go out for food
- Go to work if you can't work from home
- Exercise
- Medical need

Ok, we can add another one on next. What shall we pick?

I know, sunbathing in the park.

Fucking idiotic. So you have a stupid paper being briefed by an even stupider Government.

Honestly, fuck this country.

So we've currently got as our essentials:

- Go out for food
- Go to work if you can't work from home
- Exercise
- Medical need

Ok, we can add another one on next. What shall we pick?

I know, sunbathing in the park.

Fucking idiotic. So you have a stupid paper being briefed by an even stupider Government.

Honestly, fuck this country.

Who cares, Adeles lost weight.

I haven't so much as glanced at the daily heil website for over 2 months

Haven't read the Mail since leaving home in 1976. Is it still a Tory rag?:whistle:

I think it's now more of a beach towel you can use in parks, at picnics, on beaches, anywhere you go to enjoy the glorious freedom out magnificent leader whose fought back from deaths door to provide us with wide open spaces filled with people that not so long ago were errrm wide open spaces

I would imagine a good comparison would be our own excess deaths vs reported Covid deaths at the same point in our epidemic

Mortality rate per million population is another interesting one. Belgium not doing too good. Don't know why.

Mortality rate per million population is another interesting one. Belgium not doing too good. Don't know why.
I've been to the US and Belgium this year, and obviously live in England.

3 of the worst effected countries in the world. Maybe I'm a super spreader...

20200506-233103.jpg

Joy!

There's only 30,000 dead people but yes! I can go to the park if I want.

Okay ...

Vaccine months off and still no sign of a reliable antibody test.

An abundance of experts in the SAGE group supplemented by hordes wheeled out by the media inducing various degress of panic and hysteria. Add to this a shadow group of experts that appears to be lead by one of Blair's mates. The silver fox Starmer the judge and jury of hindsight and opportunity. Hancock looks like he wants to turn into the hulk - looking very stressed and Ferguson jumps ship because he can't keep his trousers on.

So big choice IS either go back to work or continue to furlough. The Unions want health and safety guarentees or their members will refuse to work.

It's impossible to socially distance on public transport and the two metre rule will be difficult to implement bearing in mind you had to tell the public to cough and sneeze into tissues and wash their hands. Also please don't share pens. People don't want to share lifts, no chatting at the photocopiers and there has to be regimented visits to the toilets and staggered breaks in canteens. Don't mention schools ...

It isn't go to work is it? Only solution continue lockdown and continue paying 80% of salaries until a vaccine is available. Don't worry the essential workers can still deliver the BBQ's and the clothes people can't even wear outside. How many jobs is this going to take and how many resultant repossessions? What will be the cost in mental health treatment, in domestic abuse and a plethora of other issues? You've also got the flu season later in the year which annually kills 10K in the UK.

Yes, I think it's fair to say the UK is well and truly fucked over a virus that causes mild or no symptoms in 80% of people. The middle classes will be given tax hikes like never before. Austerity will be a walk in the park compared to the shit-storm that will hitting very very soon.

Okay ...

Vaccine months off and still no sign of a reliable antibody test.

An abundance of experts in the SAGE group supplemented by hordes wheeled out by the media inducing various degress of panic and hysteria. Add to this a shadow group of experts that appears to be lead by one of Blair's mates. The silver fox Starmer the judge and jury of hindsight and opportunity. Hancock looks like he wants to turn into the hulk - looking very stressed and Ferguson jumps ship because he can't keep his trousers on.

So big choice IS either go back to work or continue to furlough. The Unions want health and safety guarentees or their members will refuse to work.

It's impossible to socially distance on public transport and the two metre rule will be difficult to implement bearing in mind you had to tell the public to cough and sneeze into tissues and wash their hands. Also please don't share pens. People don't want to share lifts, no chatting at the photocopiers and there has to be regimented visits to the toilets and staggered breaks in canteens. Don't mention schools ...

It isn't go to work is it? Only solution continue lockdown and continue paying 80% of salaries until a vaccine is available. Don't worry the essential workers can still deliver the BBQ's and the clothes people can't even wear outside. How many jobs is this going to take and how many resultant repossessions? What will be the cost in mental health treatment, in domestic abuse and a plethora of other issues? You've also got the flu season later in the year which annually kills 10K in the UK.

Yes, I think it's fair to say the UK is well and truly fucked over a virus that causes mild or no symptoms in 80% of people. The middle classes will be given tax hikes like never before. Austerity will be a walk in the park compared to the shit-storm that will hitting very very soon.

Nah, I'm with you... Get all the pubs open, football back on Saturday, everybody back into work on Monday, everyone onto the trains and bollocks to social distancing!

Let's go!! Who's with me? After all it's only about 20% of the population that has a chance of dying from this "bad cold"

Nah, I'm with you... Get all the pubs open, football back on Saturday, everybody back into work on Monday, everyone onto the trains and bollocks to social distancing!

Let's go!! Who's with me? After all it's only about 20% of the population that has a chance of dying from this "bad cold"

I would continue furlough until a vaccine is found. That's the only way to protect the 20%.

Back