• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Ah, he's Sir Elton John! He's allowed a bad day.

Honestly it's amazing that he can still perform at all.

We must respect Elton John and David Furnish for carrying a grand piano into their garden though.

Ah, he's Sir Elton John! He's allowed a bad day.

Honestly it's amazing that he can still perform at all.

I dunno, Tony Bennett is still absolutely nailing it and he's more than 20 years older...

Elton's back catalogue is brilliant (if we ignore bollocks he does for shitty Disney films), I'd never say he was actually a fantastic singer though. It's the songs that make it.

The Heil have made a very sharp turn. If they hadn’t enabled racism and chancers then things would have been very difficult.
be1b7c55d8e1d48a05a2aa2937f34aee.jpg

This should probably be in the music thread & please don't take this as me being snarky( & feel free to move it, but who doesnt like a bit of Reg?), but I dont think it's entirely fair to knock his performance last night under the circumstances. It was only February when Reg was diagnosed with 'pneumonia', and after having to stop mid gig, eventually cancelled a load of dates on his farewell tour. Last night he could have lip synced, or mimed as we used to call it (quite a few did). He chose not to, because he's Reg. Compare him in January before he caught 'pneumonia' (below), after performing almost a full 2 hour gig and last night.
It wasn't just his voice, it was his ability to play piano that was missing as well. He was clearly not physically well enough to perform anything, but chose to, so as not to con a global audience who were donating money to see artists play live or let the God Mother to his kids down. I doubt he would have ever stepped on stage in that state, he wouldn't want to let a paying audience down with a sub par show, but last night was an exceptional circumstance and I think he gave it all the bollocks he could muster probably for a single take. Who knows, maybe he's been cv'd and just hasn't let on. Anyway, you don't just lose the use of your fingers and voice in 4 months the way he's done. Give him a break, it was an honest performance from an honest performer who knew his appearance would add a fair bit to the coffers and was going to give it the best he could, no matter what little that best was. Take a listen and tell me you if you think his ability to sing and play piano has deteriorated that much in 4 months without a genuine reason. And whilst you could never say he was a crooner, he did used to be able to sing, dont forget he had surgery to his vocal chords in the 87 that drastically changed his voice, pretty much the same way Rod Stewart's was changed when he too had to have nodules removed from his vocal chords in the 70s. If you listen these in order the difference is very noticeable.
pre surgery 1971

Last edited:
ah geez just saw Del's post 2 pages back... bad timing for an amusing pic

sorry to hear it, best wishes for you and yours. scary stuff.

Don't worry about it mate, there's always time for light relief.

Alan, I don't believe myself but at the moment I'm happily and hypocritically accepted prayers to any and all Gods, requests to fairies, genies, illuminati, lizard people and Huawei, just in case.

He's not getting any worse, oxygen treatment is helping his sats and he is in relatively good spirits, even raising the odd smile. I can confirm he's not yet received his red box of government papers but remains in contact with the cabinet

Good to read Del. In line with other superstitions, I have my fingers crossed.

I saw in the guidance notes issued the other day that you ARE allowed to travel to exercise? Those people could argue they have done that?

It's another guideline which is nigh on impossible to enforce. You can drive to exercise along as the exercise is longer than the drive

So I can drive to Loch Ness as long as I then go on a 12 hour walk?

Back