• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

It's another guideline which is nigh on impossible to enforce. You can drive to exercise along as the exercise is longer than the drive

Yep, drove 10 minutes yesterday for an hour's walk in the Leicestershire countryside - didn't see another human being on the walk.

Don't worry about it mate, there's always time for light relief.

Alan, I don't believe myself but at the moment I'm happily and hypocritically accepted prayers to any and all Gods, requests to fairies, genies, illuminati, lizard people and Huawei, just in case.

He's not getting any worse, oxygen treatment is helping his sats and he is in relatively good spirits, even raising the odd smile. I can confirm he's not yet received his red box of government papers but remains in contact with the cabinet

Best wishes to you and yours, hoping he gets better soon.

I don't think I have an issue with that.

It's not like they're all going shopping, they'll all be out walking over miles and miles of countryside and provided they're all sensible near the cars I don't really see the issue

I’ve never been to Highgate Common so don’t know how big it is. But the debate is, if it’s ok for 30 cars to park up on a Sunday afternoon for a two hour walk. What’d happen if a 100 or 500 cars were to quite legally turn up for the same reason?

Are any of you wearing a mask at work or when out? Sadiq Khan has asked Londoners to do so and the scientific evidence is very powerful.

Had some old paper masks left over from a couple of years ago - when my gran had carers come in regularly we used to buy them in bulk, and after she passed we never got around to throwing them out.

Don't bother with a mask when walking the dog (never come close enough to anyone for it to matter) but have been wearing them any time I have to go into a shop or whatever since social distancing started. Ran out of paper masks last week, but replaced them with scarves and washable, reusable fabric masks bought online.

EV_rfawXkAUL8ma

But just in case?

450 + NI today, which despite it being a Monday is good news, lowest for 2 weeks (439).

Are any of you wearing a mask at work or when out? Sadiq Khan has asked Londoners to do so and the scientific evidence is very powerful.

Don't wear masks when on the work school run,but work have ruled we have to wear masks,gloves and goggles/visors when doing renal runs(kidney dialysis)with patients on

450 + NI today, which despite it being a Monday is good news, lowest for 2 weeks (439).

450 + people have died from the disease which is absolutely dreadful news. That is more than the Zeebrugge and Lockerbie disasters combined. I wouldn't call the news good.

Alfie's really sick. He was being treated for a chest infection but his situation has detiorated and he's been in hospital now about 24 hours. He's had a chest xray that has confirmed pneumonia and they're waiting for covid results. He's on oxygen as his sats are low, and IV antibiotics in case the pneumonia is bacterial but it's looking likely its caused by covid. Please don't put anything on Facebook or anything as there's family members that don't know yet. I don't really know why I'm putting it here tbh but there we go. Karen's in hospital with him at the moment, nobody else allowed in. My heart feels like it's beating out of my chest. I'm scared and helpless

Don't worry about it mate, there's always time for light relief.

Alan, I don't believe myself but at the moment I'm happily and hypocritically accepted prayers to any and all Gods, requests to fairies, genies, illuminati, lizard people and Huawei, just in case.

He's not getting any worse, oxygen treatment is helping his sats and he is in relatively good spirits, even raising the odd smile. I can confirm he's not yet received his red box of government papers but remains in contact with the cabinet

Been off here for a few days so a bit late, but my thoughts are with Alfie & all of you - your second post is more positive & trust that this continues.

You know exactly what I was getting at.

Yes sorry. I shouted abuse at the TV yesterday when a reporter used the words "good news" when announcing the figures.

It is a positive sign that the figures are falling. I just feel that we are getting numb to the figures when the reality is that the numbers for a single day are still worse than two of the biggest disasters in my lifetime combined.

Would be nice if Rishi would stop bragging about this self-employed stuff at the moment. Yeah, great, I get what you've planned and it should help. But you ain't even planning to contact us for another month and then it's going to take 2-3 weeks after that (at quickest) to get money out. And this is a month on from lockdown.

It's not like you've helped anyone out yet, you've just said you will.

SE support doesn't help everyone - my younger son seems to be falling through every stool there is (unless he can persuade someone that they count as a retail business). Still has rent to pay (though they deferred part of last months, but will still have to cough up sometime) & can defer (but not eliminate) the due corporation tax & VAT.

Still getting some work through & are just about keeping their heads above water for now.

Confident Rishi comes across a lot closer to Darlo's description of him than nervous Rishi did

450 + people have died from the disease which is absolutely dreadful news. That is more than the Zeebrugge and Lockerbie disasters combined. I wouldn't call the news good.

While people dying is never good news, half the number dying compared to this time last week definitely is good news imo, think you're looking for summat to have go when its pretty obvious what he meant

Interesting that Rishi talks of funding innovation - it's as if we are entering a new world. To be fair peoples habits will have changed immeasurably since lockdown and social distancing and an almost paranoia of coughs and sneezes will become the norm. Successful business will adapt and exploit these new habits. If you have a business involved in deep cleaning premises you will make a fortune.

It's context, this is good news in the context of the wider deaths seen with covid19.

It's also good news because it shows less people are dying.

Back