• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Are any of you wearing a mask at work or when out? Sadiq Khan has asked Londoners to do so and the scientific evidence is very powerful.

We have been wearing masks at work for just over a week, dunno how much good it does but doubt it does any harm. We are trying to keep 2 metres apart but its quite difficult at times

Oh don't worry. The more confident he gets the more he'll piss you off

Just wait until his ' aftermath ' budget when it starts to get paid back. Thankfully nobody will have any reason to complain when taxes raise. Just hope the poorest don't get hit too hard.

I hate talking about people's lives in this way but today's numbers look good.

Less deaths and less new infections. I really hope it's not a blip and the start of a downward trend.

An article about one of the early Italian towns reporting 70% of blood donors as having been infected

https://milano.corriere.it/notizie/...io-aaed091a-7fa1-11ea-8804-717fbf79e066.shtml

They were one of the first to introduce lockdown too.

It raises questions about how effective lockdown is, unless they did it too late.

There is a widespread antibody test planned for the town, it'll be very interesting to see the results

We have been wearing masks at work for just over a week, dunno how much good it does but doubt it does any harm. We are trying to keep 2 metres apart but its quite difficult at times

They don't stop you getting it but very effective at stopping the wearer infecting others. I'm a teacher and the social distancing is pretty much a non-starter.

77 deaths here today. Worst day so far. 67 in the east of the country, 4 in the west, 4 in the north west and 2 in the south.

They don't stop you getting it but very effective at stopping the wearer infecting others. I'm a teacher and the social distancing is pretty much a non-starter.

In theory that means school is OUT until a vaccine appears. How this impacts the social development of children is anybody's guess. The legacy of the virus will remain for years to come.

An article about one of the early Italian towns reporting 70% of blood donors as having been infected

https://milano.corriere.it/notizie/...io-aaed091a-7fa1-11ea-8804-717fbf79e066.shtml

They were one of the first to introduce lockdown too.

It raises questions about how effective lockdown is, unless they did it too late.

There is a widespread antibody test planned for the town, it'll be very interesting to see the results

I suppose a re-evaluation of deaths in November/December 2019 might give insight but surely if the figures had been higher alarms bells would have rung. Quite pheasibly the virus could have been circulating back then which suggests the death rates in February would give the best pointer. Not sure when testing patients in hospitals began.

Would be nice if Rishi would stop bragging about this self-employed stuff at the moment. Yeah, great, I get what you've planned and it should help. But you ain't even planning to contact us for another month and then it's going to take 2-3 weeks after that (at quickest) to get money out. And this is a month on from lockdown.

It's not like you've helped anyone out yet, you've just said you will.

When he gets asked 'How are you( The Chancellor/Treasury) going to pay for it? and responds ' Well, I'm not, the tax payer is' It kind of takes the gloss off any announcements

In theory that means school is OUT until a vaccine appears. How this impacts the social development of children is anybody's guess. The legacy of the virus will remain for years to come.

No chance schools will be out that long, my lads a teacher and he seems to think there's a small chance they'll be back in June but more likely September

Don't worry about it mate, there's always time for light relief.

Alan, I don't believe myself but at the moment I'm happily and hypocritically accepted prayers to any and all Gods, requests to fairies, genies, illuminati, lizard people and Huawei, just in case.

He's not getting any worse, oxygen treatment is helping his sats and he is in relatively good spirits, even raising the odd smile. I can confirm he's not yet received his red box of government papers but remains in contact with the cabinet

Glad to hear things are stable, at least.

I'm not really a believer myself, but... Sometimes I do find it somewhat helpful to toss out a prayer, just in case.

I find it weird masks haven't become more prevalent on construction sites.

Last week they relaxed the working guidelines, previously the 2m rule was undisputed but now you're allowed to ignore it if there is no other way to complete a given task. I find it surprising that they haven't stipulated any extra PPE to make that safe and that the only other restriction is for the work to be in periods of up to 15 minutes and that parties working that closely have to work in that group only. Even more bizarre is that more individuals aren't taking the step to wear masks in these situations of their own accord, especially when they're generally a pretty common item of PPE for many trades at one time or another.

Witnessed a few occasions now where lads have come in to the office from site and complaining about the new rules. We've introduced a practice of giving an extra induction to inform everyone of the new practices and granting permits for those needing to be within 2m to work effectively. Some are refusing to sign the permits or induction register as they feel it's absolving their employees of blame and transferring responsibility to themselves. Some others seem to come in suggesting their task is completely unsafe or impractical given the guidelines, I think hoping for us to tell them to pack up and go home.

Whatever their reasoning their arguments all seem to come crashing down around the issue of money. At the end of the day we don't employ these lads, they work for companies we've subcontracted work to and even then many are self employed rather than PAYE, so their wages aren't our call. We'll keep our sites open as long as we can follow guidelines, if the lads on site aren't happy they need to make their own choice between their well being and their income, so far I've yet to see anyone pick the former once the reality of it hits them, regardless of how unhappy they seemed to be.

thoughts are with del too btw. wishing the best for your lad mate.

Back