• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Not sure you can read too much into those figures on their own, just compare us to say Japan and S Korea, where there appears to be much more movement. Most other Western European nations are similar to us, other behaviours (mask wearing, family proximity etc) must also have an effect.

I think we can compare with Italy though and work on the assumption that less mobility equals less infection

I think we can compare with Italy though and work on the assumption that less mobility equals less infection

I agree but my worry is that, at some time, we're going to be let back out, do we think there's going to be an enormous spike then

The figures in Staffordshire are really bad. I’m really quite scared for the people like my wife who can’t stay home.

I agree but my worry is that, at some time, we're going to be let back out, do we think there's going to be an enormous spike then

May is being suggested as a possibility - IF social distancing is adhered to. It's hard to know what to believe. I know this is a fluid situation, but the messages being put out are changing daily. We've gone from being told 'lockdown inevitable for a majority of the year' to ' we could be out by May' almost overnight. Ferguson is being quoted as the source for the May end date

My daughter is still on a rota at her school for supervising, so although my wife and I are doing everything by the book, she goes out twice a week and then comes back in

Good to see the Police posting plenty of pics of checkpoints near beaches etc to stop the fuckwit army. I say bollocks to requesting they turn around and go home as the first option. If they are travelling because they are selfish fuckwits, then hit them the Max fine that can be handed out. No fucking around, if over 600 a people passing away a day from this virus is not enough for them to realise how bad this is then fuck 'em.

May is being suggested as a possibility - IF social distancing is adhered to. It's hard to know what to believe. I know this is a fluid situation, but the messages being put out are changing daily. We've gone from being told 'lockdown inevitable for a majority of the year' to ' we could be out by May' almost overnight. Ferguson is being quoted as the source for the May end date

I can see a phased in 'repatriation' but I cannot see a return to mass public gatherings for a long time.

fine, seize vehicles, incarcerate. Possibly sterilise. Maybe that ones a bit extreme but I'd be happier with them being removed from the gene pool than all the people they are putting at risk

I would give them the chance to get home first...

Nah,they've decided to travel against government advice,take the cars,let them sort themselves out to get back home,gives them time to reflect on how stupid they've been,it's for the greater good

If Ferguson thinks that then he shouldn't say it. Fuckwits will hear it and take the precautions even less seriously.

Im skeptical of any predictions based on models at this point, id suggest the govt are too by increasing the testing. Predictive models are great but you cant beat real data

Nah,they've decided to travel against government advice,take the cars,let them sort themselves out to get back home,gives them time to reflect on how stupid they've been,it's for the greater good

Interview them and get them to explain to key workers why theyve done it and put it on national telly

Make them publicly own what theyve done

I love the extreme views coming out now. I thought this was a liberal forum ? :icon_wink::icon_wink:
Taser them
Sterilise them
Remove from the gene pool

All you can do is bide by the guidelines yourself and let the authorities deal with the idiots.

3.00pm blackout lifted for football in England and Scotland

Is this a sign of football restarting behind closed doors?

I’d say so but it won’t be yet. If anything I think it’s a sign that when it does finally restart we’ll still be under some form of restriction.

I can't see how this has any legs at all. They'll need some medical staff to be able to play a game of football - how can that possibly be justified?

My earliest guess for return to normal movement in Europe is August, i just cannot see how anyone will take the risk of a second phase by relaxing restrictions early.
What i believe will happen is that restrictions on movement will relax in individual countries, to get the countries back to work, but international borders will still be shut for some time.

Here, my island relies on tourism but frankly i think we will miss out in a big way this summer.

Back