• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

dont work make it worse, asians only wear them cos they always have and isolation is more important

The Brighton game was the 7th of March!? Still less than a month ago!

The first cases were at the end of January, no wonder you think "people" are to blame.

Missed this earlier. I got completely mixed up earlier and will always hold my hands up when I’m wrong.

As for your last statement though then I still think “some” people are to blame as well as the government because some obviously don’t give a fuck. Like I said, everyone has choices, and despite my balls up earlier people are STILL getting together in some instances so yeah they fucking are to blame. I take you think everybody to a man is blameless.

Like I said, everyone has choices, and despite my balls up earlier people are STILL getting together in some instances so yeah they fucking are to blame. I take you think everybody to a man is blameless.

Since Pub closures and then the lockdown, everyone who has ignored the advice/instructions and carried on as normal or gone out of their way to do the opposite is a fucking idiot.

dont work make it worse, asians only wear them cos they always have and isolation is more important

The advice over here is going in the opposite direction - a mask helps prevent spreading the virus. Lil' donny likes talking about scarves, and at least 1 texas city is mandating that you must cover your face in public.

The Brighton game was the 7th of March!? Still less than a month ago!

The first cases were at the end of January, no wonder you think "people" are to blame.

Sorry to harp on but if you re-read my post I said the first recorded transmission within the UK which was late February, not the first cases. All other infections in the UK before that were people travelling back from abroad, hence not transmitted in the UK.

The advice over here is going in the opposite direction - a mask helps prevent spreading the virus. Lil' donny likes talking about scarves, and at least 1 texas city is mandating that you must cover your face in public.

That was my understanding too

A mask is useful to prevent you spreading it. A scarf, unless it’s washed every time you leave the house, is dangerous.

Looks like idiots were heading towards the mid Wales coasts again,couple of my welsh friends said coppers were at the petrol station in Machynlleth having words with non local registered cars,and were also stopping people at the Barmouth turning just outside Dolgellau

Looks like idiots were heading towards the mid Wales coasts again,couple of my welsh friends said coppers were at the petrol station in Machynlleth having words with non local registered cars,and were also stopping people at the Barmouth turning just outside Dolgellau

Went there on holiday regularly in the late 50's early 60's as a nurse my Mum had trained with lived there - used to go and stay with their family for a couple of weeks in the summer. Beutiful place & probably not as busy then. Still got pictures of the massed mixed families in their garden.

roads have definitely got busier the past couple of days. Volume of traffic that I am watching is more dense, and also more frequent.

Still quiet when dark, like now. But during the day there are a growing number of cars and people travelling about.

That’s down to the criticism of the police, I guarantee it, as soon as the public see that they think it’s fair game to go outside again and that’s exactly what’s happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is depressing that the Government are having to plea with people to stay at home even if the weather is nice this weekend.

So, going to float some exceptionally speculative thoughts.
Was in an online conference today. Picked up a couple of signals that the University sector is exploring delaying the next academic years start. Thinking about this, it makes a lot of sense. The start of the academic year must see millions of people relocate into and throughout the UK.
This view is re-enforced by receiving a notification this week that my usual work location looks unlikely to be reopen before September. Yes, september.
If the above speculation is true, it is likely the whole sector is liaising with the government to agree this. No way would one institution be considering this alone.
If the government are considering this within the HE sector, what other sectors are they already having similar discussions with in a similar vein?

I think you are giving the government too much credit.

Just watched a clip of Matt Hancock giving an update to the HoC in January on COVID-19 and what will happen in the coming months.
Fair to say it hasnt aged well

Risk of the virus in the UK - Low
NHS - Well prepared to cope

So, going to float some exceptionally speculative thoughts.
Was in an online conference today. Picked up a couple of signals that the University sector is exploring delaying the next academic years start. Thinking about this, it makes a lot of sense. The start of the academic year must see millions of people relocate into and throughout the UK.
This view is re-enforced by receiving a notification this week that my usual work location looks unlikely to be reopen before September. Yes, september.
If the above speculation is true, it is likely the whole sector is liaising with the government to agree this. No way would one institution be considering this alone.
If the government are considering this within the HE sector, what other sectors are they already having similar discussions with in a similar vein?

Closing uni's is one of the suppression strategy policies currently being uses. If theyr'e delaying the start of the academic year, logically there's a belief that iwll still be in place and we will still be fighting it then

Was part of an online meeting earlier involving two blokes from our schools framework team and they were saying that they've not had anything to suggest that work will dry up for us. The DfE are still pushing ahead with all projects that are currently in the pipeline, so ones like ours that are awaiting planning will still look to get into contract and prepare for works commencing on site as normal. Other projects which are further away but already begun the initial feasibility stages will also continue and looked to be pushed further down the procurement process.

I'd have thought government departments might have shied away from pushing too much construction, as it seems to be getting a bit of flak generally going against what most would deem essential work. Though I suppose they also want to look to protect the economy where they can and so providing a stream of work where possible helps to do that. More cynically perhaps they could be looking to get the best deal out of the situation, going to be some contractors struggling with their cash flow and effectively buying the work to keep things ticking over.

One thing that did seem more cautious though, and perhaps gave a little insight into the forecast for this disruption, was the way they're perhaps looking to structure any new projects starting on site. Apparently they're considering sort of 'soft starts' where contractors aren't immediately bound to a rigid contract in terms of fixed final costs and handover dates, instead agreeing a sum of money to a certain point in the works and seeing how it goes. Those type of agreements are supposedly being considered on any new work up until Christmas at the moment, at which point they'd look to secure more typical contracts with guarantees on cost/duration.

Back