• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Two things that I noticed yesterday.

1) Matt Hancock almost sounds competent.
2) Question Time is far better without an audience. It had become unwatchable.

Why is he already out of self isolation after 6 days and not 7? Never mind that the WHO recommended period is 14...

QT is WAY better without an audience. Bit of a bummer when that's your whole USP.

The company behind Fuller’s pubs has cancelled shareholder payouts and cut the board’s pay in a bid to weather the coronavirus crisis.

Fuller, Smith & Turner said it would not pay out a final dividend to shareholders, after handing them £6.8m last year.

Fullers or Wetherspoons? I know where I'll be drinking.

"In light of the unprecedented current situation – especially the uncertainty as to how long the emergency regulations will last - and to ensure the company is in the best possible financial position with maximum flexibility, the board has taken the decision not to propose a final dividend on the company’s ordinary shares for the year ended March 28 2020."

Just got a gallon of HPA dropped of by a landlord in shifnal. Looking forward to that later, wanted the Shropshire gold but was all sold out.

It wont be the same but itll be the closest I will get for a while to a proper pub pint.

Re Cheltenham, that was an awful decision. Theres no way that should have gone ahead. Who knows how much damage that has done.

Just got a gallon of HPA dropped of by a landlord in shifnal. Looking forward to that later, wanted the Shropshire gold but was all sold out.

It wont be the same but itll be the closest I will get for a while to a proper pub pint.

Re Cheltenham, that was an awful decision. Theres no way that should have gone ahead. Who knows how much damage that has done.

shocking decision

36yo nurse,with apparantly no underlying health issues has died in Walsall manor hospital

People need to take responsibility for themselves though, too many people blaming the government for their own selfish actions.

Sod the NHS, when's the dogs hair stylist back at work the bone idle ................

IMG_1050.jpg

People need to take responsibility for themselves though, too many people blaming the government for their own selfish actions.

Yep, bad decisions all round. It shouldn't have gone ahead in the first place but the people who went were well aware of the risks at the time. Idiocy from start to finish.

Yep, bad decisions all round. It shouldn't have gone ahead in the first place but the people who went were well aware of the risks at the time. Idiocy from start to finish.

Any different to us all going to the pub before our last Wolves game and then standing with thousands at the ground? At that point we knew shit was getting serious and it was just a matter of time before events started to get cancelled. Obviously Cheltenham was on a bigger scale and came durng the point sporting events were dropping but can we honestly call anyone an idiot when we all know if Wolves had games on during or after it, the majority of us would have attended

I agree, and because the lad who sits opposite me at work went, I refused to go into the office whilst he was there.

The other side of the coin is that no one with a vested interest is going to shut it down, and it was still early enough days for many people not to really consider how dangerous it could be

Any different to us all going to the pub before our last Wolves game and then standing with thousands at the ground? At that point we knew shit was getting serious and it was just a matter of time before events started to get cancelled. Obviously Cheltenham was on a bigger scale and came durng the point sporting events were dropping but can we honestly call anyone an idiot when we all know if Wolves had games on during or after it, the majority of us would have attended

Wasn't there something like 15 days between our last home game and Cheltenham? A lot happened in that time.

Wasn't there something like 15 days between our last home game and Cheltenham? A lot happened in that time.

and if our game v Olympiacos had been given the thumbs up, the majority would have attended.

As the Government have learned during this, unless you force people then asking them to make their own judgement will lead to the majority doing things as normal (in a small % going out of their way to do more than normal, to stick it to the man). Cheltenham should have been cancelled but the fact it wasn't was down to the Government at the time saying Sporting Events could go on so the vast % of people going think "well its ok to go along then".

and if our game v Olympiacos had been given the thumbs up, the majority would have attended.

They'd already started playing games behind closed doors.

As the Government have learned during this, unless you force people then asking them to make their own judgement will lead to the majority doing things as normal (in a small % going out of their way to do more than normal, to stick it to the man). Cheltenham should have been cancelled but the fact it wasn't was down to the Government at the time saying Sporting Events could go on so the vast % of people going think "well its ok to go along then".

Yes it should have been cancelled, idiotic not to. And people knew a lot more at that point about how bad this thing was going to be but still decided to go as you say, same as when the pubs were ordered to close for what were blatantly obvious reasons, people still decided to attend in force for one last piss up despite the risks. Idiocy given what we could see was going on elsewhere in the world and knowing we were playing catch up.

A bit of revisionism going on here, our own PM was telling us he was still shaking people's hands in hospitals around the time you are saying people should have stayed home, of course that wasn't going to happen.

Go back to the Brighton build up thread on here, i bet there wasn't even a discussion about masses of people not attending?

It's very easy to blame "people" but the guidance has to come from the top, and allowing both the Liverpool v Madrid game and Cheltenham to take place told people that there wasn't much to be worried about.

Hindsight says it should have been cancelled being as we can see how serious it is,at the time a lot of people were saying " it's only the flu,aye it"

A bit of revisionism going on here, our own PM was telling us he was still shaking people's hands in hospitals around the time you are saying people should have stayed home, of course that wasn't going to happen.

Which in itself was idiotic.

Go back to the Brighton build up thread on here, i bet there wasn't even a discussion about masses of people not attending?

The Brighton game was 23rd February, the first documented case of transmission in the UK was 28th February.

It's very easy to blame "people" but the guidance has to come from the top, and allowing both the Liverpool v Madrid game and Cheltenham to take place told people that there wasn't much to be worried about.

There was plenty to be worried about, loads of people who worked at our place cancelled their trips there because of what was going on. Choices. Football was already behind closed doors at that point which spoke volumes, the info was there for people to make of what they wanted, does it really need to be spoon fed?

Back