• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Which in itself was idiotic.

The Brighton game was 23rd February, the first documented case of transmission in the UK was 28th February.

There was plenty to be worried about, loads of people who worked at our place cancelled their trips there because of what was going on. Choices. Football was already behind closed doors at that point which spoke volumes, the info was there for people to make of what they wanted, does it really need to be spoon fed?

The Brighton game was the 7th of March!? Still less than a month ago!

The first cases were at the end of January, no wonder you think "people" are to blame.

Yep, last Wolves home game was 7th March, Cheltenham started on the 10th

Football was already behind closed doors at that point which spoke volumes, the info was there for people to make of what they wanted, does it really need to be spoon fed?

Only in countries where a lockdown had been ordered. The same week we were playing behind closed doors in Greece, Liverpool were playing to a packed house at Anfield.
The football decision only came after Arteta and Hudson-Odoi had tested positive. Our game v West Ham was scheduled to go ahead, in front of a crowd until that point, which was 2 days before. So Arteta and co don't test postive and our game v Olympiacos was scheduled to go ahead as normal and my point still stands - If it had gone ahead, with a crowd the vast majority of people would have attended
People in this country, like any other, were following the guidelines set out by the Government at the time which was essentially "Sporting events are fine, carry on and don't worry".

We are going to be stuck in lockdown for ages because of idiots. Idiots.

From Staffordshire Police

Stafford Town centre seems busier than it has been during the lock down. People queuing for banks. Please consider whether your visit is necessary. Banks were turning people away yesterday. One person wanted to open a new account and one wanted to pay in a cheque for £11.
Queues at the main supermarkets are much larger than they have been. They are all well stocked so try and defer your visit if you can.
Please consider whether it is sensible to take your excercise in the town centre.
#Stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives

We are going to be stuck in lockdown for ages because of idiots. Idiots.

I think we all know it will be extended for the rest of this month. My worry comes when they extend it into May and people will start to lose their shit.

The Brighton game was the 7th of March!? Still less than a month ago!

The first cases were at the end of January, no wonder you think "people" are to blame.

Point stands. Why do you need to be told what to do by elected officials?

I understand this is an ideology question more than anything else. I think we should be taking individual responsibility rather than being told by government but understand some people need to be told because people are cunts.

I understand this is an ideology question more than anything else. I think we should be taking individual responsibility rather than being told by government but understand some people need to be told because people are cunts.

On matters like this, it is exactly a moment where you go with what your Government tells you. We are not talking about a situation where you walked into a burning building because no one told you needed to stay out.

This is a situation where the Government, using it vast resources of experts, tell you what is ok and what is not and you listen (most do). Obviously it would have been great if they had decided sporting events were bad, so stay away but at that point they were in the herd idea, so sporting events GOOD for that purpose, so they tell people carry on attending and they did.
They kept schools open suring this as well, so should families have kept their kids off school and took the fines for unauthorised absence or carry on as the Government told them?

I am worried about this weekend with a heatwave reported. I just don't trust the general public to act with any sense of responsibility or consideration for others.

When you've got close family who have to stay at home for 12 weeks, it does piss me off that people are seemingly unable to grasp the seriousness of this situation.

I'm generalising a fair bit here, but it's worth noting as well that kids and younger people seem to cope very well. I've seen teenagers chat to each other from across the road, acting responsibly etc. Most of the selfish twattish behaviour seems to come from an older generation who really should know better.

I'm generalising a fair bit here, but it's worth noting as well that kids and younger people seem to cope very well. I've seen teenagers chat to each other from across the road, acting responsibly etc. Most of the selfish twattish behaviour seems to come from an older generation who really should know better.

To add some balance. On the street I live on, the fuckwits are people around my age. One neighbour who seems to do at least 10 essential car journeys a day and another who has visitors (visitors that are incapable of opening a car door without denting mine....fuckers)

On matters like this, it is exactly a moment where you go with what your Government tells you. We are not talking about a situation where you walked into a burning building because no one told you needed to stay out.

This is a situation where the Government, using it vast resources of experts, tell you what is ok and what is not and you listen (most do). Obviously it would have been great if they had decided sporting events were bad, so stay away but at that point they were in the herd idea, so sporting events GOOD for that purpose, so they tell people carry on attending and they did.
They kept schools open suring this as well, so should families have kept their kids off school and took the fines for unauthorised absence or carry on as the Government told them?

You could self isolate at that point if you thought you had an infection. My little boy was sent home from school because of his cold and so I too was isolating with him.

We have as a population divorced ourselves of responsibllity too often and given facts and strategies too many still need to be told what to do.

Not sure 17 degrees constitutes a heatwave :)

Of course they'll have to explicitly tell people to stay in as when Fat Al gave everyone the green light to go to the park a couple of weeks ago it was a disaster.

To add some balance. On the street I live on, the fuckwits are people around my age. One neighbour who seems to do at least 10 essential car journeys a day and another who has visitors (visitors that are incapable of opening a car door without denting mine....fuckers)

Most of the selfish twattish behaviour seems to come from an older generation who really should know better.

giphy.gif

Did you go to the Brighton game?

Not sure 17 degrees constitutes a heatwave :)

Of course they'll have to explicitly tell people to stay in as when Fat Al gave everyone the green light to go to the park a couple of weeks ago it was a disaster.

I thought it was going to reach 20 - but I am trying not to read/watch too much news! Anyway, 17 is pleasant enough to attract the lesser spotted fuckhead.

We have as a population divorced ourselves of responsibllity too often and given facts and strategies too many still need to be told what to do.

On a wider point, I agree but on this one we have to follow what we are told. I am no virus expert and if I took my advice from reading the internet or the news I would find a 5G antenna and destory that, then burn my street down and then drink some bleach (people have actually done that to beat the virus!). So if the Goverment are saying attend Events and the like, the vast majority will.
Please don't see this as me having a go at the Government for doing it (I do believe they should have been stronger when they knew they had to change but is a different debate) they were being led themselves by experts.

On a wider point, I agree but on this one we have to follow what we are told. I am no virus expert and if I took my advice from reading the internet or the news I would find a 5G antenna and destory that, then burn my street down and then drink some bleach (people have actually done that to beat the virus!). So if the Goverment are saying attend Events and the like, the vast majority will.
Please don't see this as me having a go at the Government for doing it (I do believe they should have been stronger when they knew they had to change but is a different debate) they were being led themselves by experts.

I don't disagree with what you've said at all and the government did give plenty of advice around this time such as social distancing and not going out unless you need to including the work from home if you can stuff.

It just wasn't heeded very well, hence the revision to treat the populous like children because people are...

Back