• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ched Evans + Adam Johnson court cases

Lee Hughes was 31 when he got out. Although I think the world has moved on even since then (2007).

If Chef Evans can be prevented from resuming his career then Johnson is done. No club is going to employ a player with a child sex conviction and rightly so.

If he had injured or killed someone through drink driving he would fine, clubs don't seem to mind that crime

Although he could look up to Graham Rix for inspiration

"In March 1999, Rix was sentenced to 12 months in prison, of which he served six, for having underage sex with a 15-year-old girl. He was also ordered to be placed on the sex offender registry for 10 years, and banned by the FA from working with youth players under the age of 16.[3] Upon his release from prison he immediately rejoined Chelsea in his old job."

Ccjp-1ZXEAAZqs2.jpg:large

Good to see he was taking it seriously.

See how seriously he takes it when he gets the shit kicked out of him by Charles Bronson

Annoyed me when the copper outside court banged on about him being a role model. Footballers are paid to play football not be a role model. Parents and teachers are role models to children not celebrities who are heroes and there is a difference. He's now a convicted paedophile and that's what he is, footballers somehow having to set higher standards because of who they are is just bizarre in my book.

Yes but he's a public figure working for an organisation that plays an integral part of his community.

The papers this morning were saying he will get 10 years but I reckon he'll get 5 and be out in 2 & 1/2 if he behaves wither way he needs to hold his hands up show some remorse for his crime and he may get to play football again.

I don't think you can show an appropriate level of remorse for being a paedophile.

Even if he does show any remorse many people will never be able to forgive him or look him straight in the eye, where ever he goes he'll probably have to endure abuse and no trust from many people.
It's not like he can even leave the country when he's out, have a feeling his life after prison will be very lonely and isolated.

I don't think he's a paedophile. That would be an attraction to prepubescent children which there's no evidence of here (as far as I'm aware). But a dangerous arrogant twat who needs to be locked away for sure.

I don't think he's a paedophile. That would be an attraction to prepubescent children which there's no evidence of here (as far as I'm aware). But a dangerous arrogant twat who needs to be locked away for sure.

I've just sat here for a couple of minutes trying to word something similar without making me look as if thought his actions were okay.

I don't think there are degrees of paedophilia, he is one by definition. 8, 10, 12, 15, it doesn't matter. You knowingly go below that line and you are what you are.

If Chef Evans can be prevented from resuming his career then Johnson is done. No club is going to employ a player with a child sex conviction and rightly so.

If he had injured or killed someone through drink driving he would fine, clubs don't seem to mind that crime

Has he retrained?

I don't think there are degrees of paedophilia, he is one by definition. 8, 10, 12, 15, it doesn't matter. You knowingly go below that line and you are what you are.

No, sorry Deutsch, I think you're wrong. A 15-year-old girl can be sexually mature and so an adult being physical attracted to her wouldn't be "abnormal" in the sense that sexual attraction to a nine-year-old would. Morally repugnant, reprehensible, criminal and deserving of whatever's coming to them, yes, ( I agree about going below the line) but Adam Johnson and Gary Glitter are not the same beast.

No, sorry Deutsch, I think you're wrong. A 15-year-old girl can be sexually mature and so an adult being physical attracted to her wouldn't be "abnormal" in the sense that sexual attraction to a nine-year-old would. Morally repugnant, reprehensible, criminal and deserving of whatever's coming to them, yes, ( I agree about going below the line) but Adam Johnson and Gary Glitter are not the same beast.

Until such time as the law creates a new term for fucking idiots who think they're above the law and think fingering 15 year olds is fair game...he is a paedophile.

Of course Glitter, Savile etc are 'worse' than Johnson if we're grading things, much as Jeffrey Dahmer is 'worse' in the murdering stakes than Mad Frankie Fraser. But the label is still the same.

Until such time as the law creates a new term for fucking idiots who think they're above the law and think fingering 15 year olds is fair game...he is a paedophile.

Of course Glitter, Savile etc are 'worse' than Johnson if we're grading things, much as Jeffrey Dahmer is 'worse' in the murdering stakes than Mad Frankie Fraser. But the label is still the same.

By that logic, someone who's 16 and is attracted to a 15-year-old is a paedophile which is nonsense.

But on reflection, I'm more than happy for you to use whatever term you like to describe Johnson and his ilk. Like I say, he deserves whatever's coming to him and if that means he gets labelled a paedophile, then tough shit.

I would say there would be mitigation in the 16 year old's case as he likely would be immature himself. Plus he might even be in the same school class as the girl.

Fuck Johnson, he's a 28 year old millionaire with a girlfriend and a kid and he does that in full knowledge of the law, not even a 'she was in the nightclub so I assumed she was 18+' defence. He's not a warped Glitter style individual, but he's clearly a cunt with some very odd morals.

Could just label him Sex Offender for now. He absolutely ticks that box.

Back