• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ched Evans + Adam Johnson court cases

If you want to get into the (admittedly problematic) science on this sort of thing, the average human brain reaches peak development at ~25 years.

Which again puts Johnson on the wrong side of logic and law.

Bear's point about legal age of consent being totally arbitrary is mostly correct, however.

Okay, forget the age of consent for just a second. Think about the fact that Johnson is nearly double her age. Doesn't that strike you as wrong?

To be fair though, that would be the same if she was 20 and he was 40.

She'd have been 11 or 12 when he signed for Sunderland. Yuck.

But the difference in age changes as the age of the youngest participant changes. In the same way as a 20 year old and a 12 year old is completely different to a 28 year old and a 20 year old.

I find the arguments in this completely offensive to be frank.

To be fair though, that would be the same if she was 20 and he was 40.
That wouldn't have also raised a few eyebrows? Criminal it may not be at that point, but socially discouraged, I would expect.

That wouldn't have also raised a few eyebrows? Criminal it may not be at that point, but socially discouraged, I would expect.

"What is it that you see in the millionaire Paul Daniels?"

Creepy old DJ Ed Stewart met his wife when she was 13 and he was 31.

And I'd guess he'd probably be in prison now if he hadn't have died.

Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old bride at the age of 22. It was merely frowned upon by his fans.

He was barred from coming to this country over it, if I remember reading about it correctly.

Why? It was a legal marriage in the US under US Law so it wasn't criminal. Plus, no offence took place in the UK. She was a US citizen he met and married in the US. When he came back to the UK to work in 1967 she was 17.

My mate's brother was sleeping with a 15 year old girl when he was 16. She got pregnant, her parent's reported him to the police. He was sent to prison for 18 months. They got married, when he was released from prison. There child is 34 now and the parent's are still together.

I don't think so, as it was deemed legal in the US (some states) at the time. I think he was barred from presenting in the others because of it and certainly barred from the marriage being recognised in the UK. They divorced about the time of his return to the UK and she committed suicide not long after.

Their divorce was finalised some time later, but I think they were estranged pretty quickly after they came back. She committed suicide not long after the divorce rather than the return I think.

Mayweather just bagged a new girlfriend from a fan meet and greet. She's still in her teens, the age gap is bigger, he's infinitely more famous, wealthy and powerful than Johnson.

Is he abusing a similar situation?

Back