• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ched Evans + Adam Johnson court cases

Once the age is over 16, he can do what he wants.

But really, that's a bit creepy, as a 16 year old is hardly going to be an experienced lover. And her body is probably not yet fully developed. Which would hardly be a turn on ( for a normal person anyway)

Speaking as a female who had sex at 15, I really wished I hadn't read through this thread. :(
Now you're older and more mature, did you feel you were taken advantage of and preyed upon? Did your boyfriend go to prison because of it, or should he have?

Was your boyfriend 28 at the time would probably be rather more relevant here.

He was barred from coming to this country over it, if I remember reading about it correctly.

Oh yes, I'm just pointing out that in some countries the cultures aren't the same. This thread is very uncomfortable reading and I wouldn't be happy if my daughter upon being 15 had a boyfriend over the age of 16 let alone 28.

Why? It was a legal marriage in the US under US Law so it wasn't criminal. Plus, no offence took place in the UK. She was a US citizen he met and married in the US. When he came back to the UK to work in 1967 she was 17.

I'm not referring to that. There were allegations of him having sex with underage girls in the BBC, so I'm sure Yew Tree would have investigated him had he been alive.

The police can exercise discretion (unlike the USA) so there will be a different outcome for an 18 year old bloke in a relationship with a 15 year old and a 45 year old bloke shagging a 15 year old.

A girl lied to me about her age and when I found out I dropped her like a bad habit. I was 19 and she was 15 but tbh even if the police had known about it I hardly think they'd have locked me up with Brady.

If you want to get into the (admittedly problematic) science on this sort of thing, the average human brain reaches peak development at ~25 years.

Which again puts Johnson on the wrong side of logic and law.

Bear's point about legal age of consent being totally arbitrary is mostly correct, however.

Agreed. However, the law needs to draw the line somewhere or else children will have even less protection from predators than they do currently. I know other cultures have different ages of consent but if 16 is too high what age should we have?

18 now I'm over that age and my daughters are under it.

I'm not referring to that. There were allegations of him having sex with underage girls in the BBC, so I'm sure Yew Tree would have investigated him had he been alive.

I'm sure they would. And the allegations would either have been found worthy of further investigation, or they wouldn't.

There's a big difference in an 18 year old shagging a 15 year old than a 28+ year old shagging a 15 year old.

Last edited:
"Mr Johnson told detectives: "I knew it was wrong. I have a girlfriend for one. Lots of reasons. I've got a family, a career."

Wow! no mention of how it was wrong as she was a child!

BTW the girls behaviour is absolutely 100% irrelevant. He is a fully grown, 28 year old man and she was a 15 year old girl (who was only recently turned 15).

Johnson has been found not guilty on charge relating to the oral sex claim but the jury is still deciding on a count involving the sexual touching.

And found guilty of sexual activity

Hmmm - sounds like he is likely to get 5 years. Not quite end of career as he will still be in his early thirties when he gets out, but I can't imagine too many teams wanting to take him on.

His career is toast. Certainly as a pro-footballer and any coaching he wanted to do as well.

Early 30s is getting on a bit for a footballer especially one who hasn't kicked a ball outside of a prison wall for several years

Lee Hughes was 31 when he got out. Although I think the world has moved on even since then (2007).

Back