• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ched Evans + Adam Johnson court cases

He is retweeting things constantly the numpty. I'm tempted to tweet him myself.

Mendez-Laing is a fucking arsehole. Mick hated him and said he'd never play for us again while he was there.

5 years for rape is a VERY light tariff by standard sentencing guidelines to be fair

Yes, but it is within the guidelines, which are there for a reason, and taken into consideration by the judge one presumes.

Got to serve a minimum of 2 and half years. Pathetic. He should not be released until his full 5 year term is completed.

Sources. I haven't decided to start making bollocks up after 10+ years of posting on message boards...

Did he actually say this?
I'm not sure he actually hated him, but I recall an article where Mick said he had to work towards his attitude. We had a transfer fee agreed with Peterborough and immediately after the agreement between the clubs the boy began fuming how there's no chance for youth players at Wolves, and how the Posh is his new opportunity to shine. Then he turned down the deal because he thought the wages offered was too low for his skills...

I'm not sure he actually hated him

Hated may be on the strong side; I don't believe Mick is the kind of person who would hate someone, but he had a genuine, deep-seated dislike for him. He also vowed he would never play for the club again while he was manager.

Rape is a very serious crime, and I am very surprised at the leniency of the sentence. We are far too soft on criminals in this country.

Yes, but it is within the guidelines, which are there for a reason, and taken into consideration by the judge one presumes.

I would guess that to be the case. It seems extremely incongruous with normal guidelines so one can only presume that the judge felt there were extenuating circumstances in the incident itself or the plea in mitigation was given a lot of merit.

I would guess that to be the case. It seems extremely incongruous with normal guidelines so one can only presume that the judge felt there were extenuating circumstances in the incident itself or the plea in mitigation was given a lot of merit.

I have no knowledge of the details of the case, but rape is rape. No excuses as far as I am concerned. The sentence should have been at least ten years.

Without being harsh:

- Evans was of the mind to have sex with her by hook or by crook, hence he's gone down
- Had she been sober she'd probably have done it anyway hence the reduced sentence

Type/nature of activity: Single offence of rape by single offender

Starting points: 10 years custody if the victim is under 13
Sentencing ranges: 8 - 13 years custody
Starting points: 8 years custody if the victim is 13 or over but under 16
Sentencing ranges: 6 - 11 years custody
Starting points: 5 years custody if the victim is 16 or over
Sentencing ranges: 4 - 8 years custody

That is straight from the CPS. As the other defendant was cleared (presumably as the jury believed there was consent (possibly implied but that would be in the details of the arguments in court that I have no knowledge of)) this becomes a case of single case of rape by a single offender with no aggravating circumstances as far as I can see. 5 years is within the guidelines, and is indeed the starting point. Interesting.

Rape is a very serious crime, and I am very surprised at the leniency of the sentence. We are far too soft on criminals in this country.

Ireland is way, waaaay worse. The prisons are full, Garda killers get released after 6 months of good behaviour, rapists get suspended sentences........Ireland has a shameful history of being lenient on young sex offenders who then go on to rape and murder in later life. And the Judges and Police all go - Whoops. My bad. Soz about that loike

Closer to home, one story that sums up our incompetent system is up is the case of my own Mother. I was away at boarding school, and someone in the town had been stalking her. She was terrified to even go to the nearby Tesco. One day my Mum was in the kitchen when she heard a thud from the front room where she had the window slightly ajar. She went in to find her stalker climbing in the window. my Mum tells me she entered Fight or Flight mode and luckily enough, she chose to fight, so grabbed him as he was halfway through the window and proceeded to shove him back out. At the same time the Local Parish Priest was passing by and saw the whole thing. So my Mum had a stellar witness in Court and the dude was sent down. As it wasn't his first time (he had history for this, one local woman woke up to find him lying in the bed beside her) he was given a stern sentence...................of 2 years. Of which he served half. So my Mum almost got sick 12 months later when she was stood on a platform at a Dublin train station when she spotted the same sick cunt smoking a cigarette only feet away.

This was one of the reasons my Mum decided to move us away to Vancouver for a year

I have a 'shit list' for all the people who wronged me in my life, and in time, I will get around to exacting some sort of revenge on them. Needless to say this guy is number 1 on that list. I still have friends in that town who let me know where he lives and drinks.... karma will bitchslap his ginger ass sooner rather than later....

Last edited:
FFS mate - that's just horrendous.

Outisde of the case what really troubles me here is the pecerption some of these 'men' have of women. A quick skim of the net sees the victim referred to as a 'skank', 'tramp' and 'slag' so far. I wonder if thats what his team mates called him when he regaled them with the details.

Its all ok though cos Mendez-Laing is just sticking up for his mate cos thats whats mates do innit? No, it isn't.

Ireland is way, waaaay worse. The prisons are full, Garda killers get released after 6 months of good behaviour, rapists get suspended sentences........Ireland has a shameful history of being lenient on young sex offenders who then go on to rape and murder in later life. And the Judges and Police all go - Whoops. My bad. Soz about that loike

Closer to home, one story that sums up our incompetent system is up is the case of my own Mother. I was away at boarding school, and someone in the town had been stalking her. She was terrified to even go to the nearby Tesco. One day my Mum was in the kitchen when she heard a thud from the front room where she had the window slightly ajar. She went in to find her stalker climbing in the window. my Mum tells me she entered Fight or Flight mode and luckily enough, she chose to fight, so grabbed him as he was halfway through the window and proceeded to shove him back out. At the same time the Local Parish Priest was passing by and saw the whole thing. So my Mum had a stellar witness in Court and the dude was sent down. As it wasn't his first time (he had history for this, one local woman woke up to find him lying in the bed beside her) he was given a stern sentence...................of 2 years. Of which he served half. So my Mum almost got sick 12 months later when she was stood on a platform at a Dublin train station when she spotted the same sick $#@! smoking a cigarette only feet away.

This was one of the reasons my Mum decided to move us away to Vancouver for a year

I have a '$#@! list' for all the people who wronged me in my life, and in time, I will get around to exacting some sort of revenge on them. Needless to say this guy is number 1 on that list. I still have friends in that town who let me know where he lives and drinks.... karma will bitchslap his ginger ass sooner rather than later....

I'm not sure what else any court in the world would have done? Two years for what at that point was only criminal trespass/harassment is about right.

We don't live in a Minority Report type society where we can jail people for what they might do.

Although I'm in no way condoning what they've done, it is hideous, there are women out there whos sole intention is to 'bag' a footballer, pop star etc. That does not mean what he did was right in no way, shape or form ! I just hope she has the dignity not to publish the 'my Ched Evans hell' in the Sun next week, I can feel Max Clifford raring to go !

I'm not sticking up for him and I'm not sticking the knife in either, but if they've both fucked her then how is one rape and one not?

If she was too intoxicated to know how the fuck she got to the hotel then how is she to remember A.) who she consented to or B.) who she didn't.

I think he's either been had, or the other bloke has got off.

Back