• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City 1 - 2 Wolves: Verdict thread

What an away day that was. Absolute scenes when Bennett headed home the winner which i thought was deserved. We had 10 men from the 14th minute yet we defended magnificently apart from when Douglas played the silly flick and Bristol caught us out of shape and superbly carved us open. Apart from that i thought we were solid and kept it tight and when Cav came on we looked a threat. How anyone thought we weren't in that game was beyond me, it must be a tv thing because everyone around me at the game felt we were well in it and i think the move that lead to Fielding getting sent off proved that.

The passion from the fans, the players, the staff and Nuno just shows that this is a special club and we are going places. Not everything is perfect but i think we're far too quick to criticise at times, lets just enjoy how good this side are and our promotion to the Premier League.

what a comeback. glad we won. happy to leave it at that.

Leaving my Wolves-tinted glasses off for a minute, what a contrast between that game and the Cardiff/Preston hoofball the night before. Two different sports...

I thought Doc did well when their keeper came out. It was a foul by Fielding but Doc was clever enough not to get out of the way

I called Cav for Costa at half time and as soon as Cav came on he gave us more. I think Cav is getting better and better under Nuno.

I thought Doc did well when their keeper came out. It was a foul by Fielding but Doc was clever enough not to get out of the way

Yes, Doherty was good enough and smart enough to maximise the situation for Wolves.

I called Cav for Costa at half time and as soon as Cav came on he gave us more. I think Cav is getting better and better under Nuno.

Agree on this his work rate compared to last season is unrecognisable, for me he’s a certain starter when fit.

We’re going to appeal Batth red card, seems pointless to me. IMO it was a red, I can see the argument for it not being red but that’s not going to be enough to overturn it.

I think Cavaleiro gives you a good half rather than being a certain starter and it might be better if he is used second half when the games more stretched with defenders tiring.

Disagree I think he’s capable of causing teams problems from the start, personally I think Costa currently is better coming on with 30 minutes to go.

Disagree I think he’s capable of causing teams problems from the start, personally I think Costa currently is better coming on with 30 minutes to go.

We can agree that the workload expected from those front three positions means they are running on empty just past the hour mark so having quality substitutions is vital to retaining a threat.

Man I'm hungover what a game, what a result!!! Costa and Jota worked really hard Jota looked fucked at the end but it all matters. On comes a fresh Cav and boom there it is....

Cav has to start the next game he does blow hot and cold but when he blows hot... Oh my god he's good.

I've have different tears this morning looking at some of the gifs on twitter hilarious stuff, some real bitterness out there from other fans.

We have churned out results so many times this season already to add to our more flamboyant displays, just can't wait for the next one now.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

For what it’s worth, I’m happy to defend Frank here. It was obvious at the time, that at 10 v 11 and with Costa & Jota as the front two, we were getting nothing from that game. We both said something along those lines in the match thread and I’m happy to stand by that. Sure, we were defending well, but at 1 down and with the clock ticking, we were not holding the ball up anywhere near well enough with those two on the pitch (and that’s also why Nuno was lining up the Cav & Bright changes). Just because you’re down to 10 men, doesn’t mean you have to stop playing entirely and literally give possession up at the earliest opportunity - that’s how we were playing and that’s how Douglas ended up giving the ball away for their goal.

The sending off completely changed the game and when that happened, coupled with Cav coming on and us scoring straight away, I always felt we could go on to win the game.

So on that front, I know what Frank was getting at with his posts (about the game) last night.

9aa00d388a7ee14a4abcbcba07b1b4df.jpg

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

The old gentleman who isn't happy with Nuno celebrating the win is former Bristol City manager Alan Dicks, apparently.

For what it’s worth, I’m happy to defend Frank here. It was obvious at the time, that at 10 v 11 and with Costa & Jota as the front two, we were getting nothing from that game. We both said something along those lines in the match thread and I’m happy to stand by that. Sure, we were defending well, but at 1 down and with the clock ticking, we were not holding the ball up anywhere near well enough with those two on the pitch (and that’s also why Nuno was lining up the Cav & Bright changes). Just because you’re down to 10 men, doesn’t mean you have to stop playing entirely and literally give possession up at the earliest opportunity - that’s how we were playing and that’s how Douglas ended up giving the ball away for their goal.

The sending off completely changed the game and when that happened, coupled with Cav coming on and us scoring straight away, I always felt we could go on to win the game.

So on that front, I know what Frank was getting at with his posts (about the game) last night.
It was this phrase which annoyed people Jinky "Another big game and we don't turn up."

It wasn't about whether or not we looked like we would get anything from the game, which I would concur for the 13 minute period between their goal and the sending off it didn't look like we would. This team deserves a lot more respect than the 'you've let us down again' mentality.

To be fair Nuno should have just sat down and slow clapped the goal, what do people expect we win a pivotal highly charged game late on. It’s nothing compared to David Wagner charging down the touch line last season after beating Leeds late on.

It was this phrase which annoyed people Jinky "Another big game and we don't turn up."

It wasn't about whether or not we looked like we would get anything from the game, which I would concur for the 13 minute period between their goal and the sending off it didn't look like we would. This team deserves a lot more respect than the 'you've let us down again' mentality.

This.

Back