• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City 1 - 2 Wolves: Verdict thread

Based on what we were seeing, had Bristol City not had their goalkeeper sent off then they would probably have won. Though I am of course delighted with the result, but we have done tricky away games on the horizon.

I think Doherty probably would have scored, so who knows what would have happened from there.

Got a link?

I prefer to think he’s about to hit the guy that had a go at Nuno and Nuno is trying to stop him.

a8229e8b208c72873f2a9e68e045e1e6.jpg

What big games haven't we turned up in and who is saying that?

I know early on we let ourselves down v Cardiff...but fuck it, we are 11 points clear of them.
We let the game v Sheff Utd go with Coady getting sent off but fuck it we are 17 points clear of them
QPR wasn't a big game we had an off day.

All the rest. Won and few minor games drawn.

Even in the Cardiff game we weren't far off, plus a new formation and style was clearly still bedding in.

Saying these players are not 'up for it' is bollocks of the highest order.

My comment was made before the Bristol City goalkeeper was sent off, and at that time we did not look like scoring.
We did not but the sub of Cav for Costa changed the game in an instant for us.

Also with 10 men it took us making an error to allow them to score. We were pretty decent without the ball. The Batth red card changes everything and from that point it was about not losing. Cav changed that and put us on the front foot.

Also a massive thank you to Baker for ducking out of the way to let us score the winner.

I think Doherty probably would have scored, so who knows what would have happened from there.

Agreed. Doherty would indeed have had a great opportunity to score, and the red card was correct. Obviously no one can say what might have happened, but until Bristol City had a player sent off I could not see us scoring.

And as an aside I thoughts the referee had an excellent game,

I don't honestly see that we've got a more difficult away game left on the slate. It can change, obviously, but considering City's recent form, the number of games in recent days, and the attention surrounding the game, we shouldn't have anything to fear. Cardiff? Leeds? Preston??

Sorry mate can’t agree with that. Both of them worked their absolute nuts off.

What a glorious day
Not work rate I'm concerned about. It's their decision making with the ball.

Rich coming from forum troll

Sorry but that is unacceptable. I am entitled to an opinion. Your response aligned to the rubbish posted about me by LeedsWolf and Lycan shows just how low this forum has fallen.

I'm not entirely sure it's this forum which has changed Frank.

We were the better team once Cav was on, but without the sending off for them we wouldn’t have got the win. Then again if Batth doesn’t get a red then it’s a different story entirely!

I think it’s fair to say Costa had a bad game btw, mostly not his fault as he’s just not strong enough to play as the front man especially when we’re down to 10. Can tell he’s trying though but that poor pass to Jota in the second half when it should have been really simple summed his evening up. Cavaleiro was electric when he came on, he’s our best player when he’s on it imo.

Not work rate I'm concerned about. It's their decision making with the ball.

I don’t see it though pal. Costa and Jota had scraps. Costa’s issue in this game he just couldn’t get the pass/touch right. He tried to put Jota through, completely the right idea and just underhit it. Just didn’t fall for him whereas against Millwall he got two assists.

Sorry but that is unacceptable. I am entitled to an opinion. Your response aligned to the rubbish posted about me by LeedsWolf and Lycan shows just how low this forum has fallen.

Yawn

Agreed. Doherty would indeed have had a great opportunity to score, and the red card was correct. Obviously no one can say what might have happened, but until Bristol City had a player sent off I could not see us scoring.

And as an aside I thoughts the referee had an excellent game,

I thought the ref was pretty good too.

We were the better team once Cav was on, but without the sending off for them we wouldn’t have got the win. Then again if Batth doesn’t get a red then it’s a different story entirely!

I think it’s fair to say Costa had a bad game btw, mostly not his fault as he’s just not strong enough to play as the front man especially when we’re down to 10. Can tell he’s trying though but that poor pass to Jota in the second half when it should have been really simple summed his evening up. Cavaleiro was electric when he came on, he’s our best player when he’s on it imo.

Yeah Cav is awesome. 7m is a steal honestly. Easy target for people when he’s off his game as it’s more noticeable with him but when he’s on it he’s got pretty much everything

I don’t see it though pal. Costa and Jota had scraps. Costa’s issue in this game he just couldn’t get the pass/touch right. He tried to put Jota through, completely the right idea and just underhit it. Just didn’t fall for him whereas against Millwall he got two assists.

Yawn
Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike them or anything. I was just really mad at the time.

However I stand by what I said. I thought Jota and Costa were criminally selfish today. Cav helped spread the ball and IMO that was the key to our upturn in form when he came on.

Yawn

To be honest you are the troll. You often make comments and seem incapable of backing them up, but it doesn't really matter anymore as I am beyond caring what people on here think of me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike them or anything. I was just really mad at the time.

However I stand by what I said. I thought Jota and Costa were criminally selfish today. Cav helped spread the ball and IMO that was the key to our upturn in form when he came on.
I think it's more their style of play - they look to get forward quickly attacking defenders, usually playing off a more static player holding the ball up. Once bonatini went off then they had no one to pass the ball on to.

Back