• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City 1 - 2 Wolves: Verdict thread

Brilliant result that didn't seem particularly likely once they took the lead. The arrival of Cav turned the game, I'm one of Doherty's biggest critics but well done that man. Got forward really well and that burst turned the game on its head.

Going to settle in now with a few drinks and hope Lewis can do the business against Taylor in the darts.

Fucking scenes in my living room when that went in.

The spirit of this side is phenomenal. Saiss winning the winning FK in tye position he was epitomizes everything good about this side.

Felt sorry for Costa it'd be like asking Coady to play on the wing, that said felt he didn't try for a few things and on one occasion in the second if he puts more power on a pass Jota is through but it was a painful swing at the ball.

Cavaleiro, what a cameo. Superb pass for Doherty to get behind and made things happen.

Douglas, one goal one assist and one off the POST, could've done better with theirs. MOTM

Ruddy kicking was 'off' but dealt with most things aimed at Flint well.

10 points clear of 2nd and 11 of 3rd, 17 clear of 7th! This is a post dream era we're living in folks!

Even when we were losing, the difference in class was clear. We send on Cavaleiro to change the game, their option was Matty Taylor whose two efforts both went 20 yards wide. We have now equalled last year's points total.

From OTIB; "Wolves are an expensive team and it showed and they are probably already promoted but as usual will come down again."

and my favorite so far

"AshtonGreat ; You should go on the Wolves forums now. They seriously think they're Barcelona - 'the game was never in doubt' etc. They bought the league. And even then, we matched them"

Wow, sour grapes much

Brilliant result that didn't seem particularly likely once they took the lead. The arrival of Cav turned the game, I'm one of Doherty's biggest critics but well done that man. Got forward really well and that burst turned the game on its head.

Going to settle in now with a few drinks and hope Lewis can do the business against Taylor in the darts.
Really think Doc is a different player with Cav infront of him...doesn't seem to gel with Costa as much.

I'll just stick this in here as well...

They are better than us at football. Make no mistake about it. Don't be delusional. They will win this league, and rightly so after how much they spent.However, it's late in December and cold as **** and we have something in bundles they don't have. Passion.
So let's stick it to 'em

Not to be the negative one here but Costa and Jota both should be dropped now. Not playing with the team, trying to do too much, really poor. I don't want to get too OTT but I'm livid at the pair of them.

We were so much better with Bright and Cav on the pitch.
Not that straight forward as you see it..Jota and Costa are small pace and technical..Cav and Bright strong with skills too mind..If I could choose a team i would mix a technical and pacy one with a stronger so you are not limited as a team..but i trus Nuno in the end..Jota has had one heck of a season(may be a bit tired now) and Costa juat getting up to speed..

Ruddy- 7 made good decisions and a couple nice saves. Got thrown off by deflection on the goal

Batth- 5 didn’t think it was a red but dumb to go into it there
Coady- 7 did what he does
Boly-6.5 I felt like he got caught out in the buildup to their goal and gave Reid space, but did well besides that

Doherty- 7 linked very well with Cav and made good runs
Saiss- 8 great game from Saiss. Had the good run and put Bright thru. Superb job to keep the ball and draw the fk at the end.
Neves-7 put Costa thru one time I think. I think only having two in front of him limited his creativity some.
Douglas-8 three near perfect free kicks. Thought his general play was pretty average

Costa-6 looked good early on, fell off after the card
Bonatini- NA
Jota-7 isolated for the majority of the game but worked hard. Did better when Cav came on

Bennett 7.5- I didnt see any faults defending and a good finish to win it
Cav-9 absolutely dominated the game when he came on as good as I’ve seen him I think
Bright 6.5 did nothing wrong, made a good run where he was judged offside but I don’t think he was not sure
Whenever I see Saiss I think, where have I seen that player..now I realise..Matic at Man U

Just one point now my rational head is returning. Batth is banned for the FA Cup game, meaning one of our first choice CHs can't really be rested
Banned for Brentford on Tuesday. Unless we appeal and the FA work on Monday

Just seen the clip of Nuno pushing Jeff Shi to go and sit back down whilst celebrating. Obviously didn’t want him to get into trouble for celebrating in the directors box too.

We are appealing Batth's red card according to Tim via Nuno.

So we should

Straight red - surely that's 3 games?
Ah didn't think of that. We will appeal anyway and win. When Batth gets to the ball the Bristol player is a yard away. Never a red anyway.

If the ref doesn't admit he got it wrong he needs fucking up.

Ah didn't think of that. We will appeal anyway and win. When Batth gets to the ball the Bristol player is a yard away. Never a red anyway.

If the ref doesn't admit he got it wrong he needs fucking up.
Exactly, how many games has he judged, crowd got to him?

I'd be surprised if it's repealed they'll say he was out of control as he was, resulting in him nailing the City player. At best it'll get reduced to one or two games.

Batth might have been lucky another time and got away with a yellow but the ref was well within his rights to show a red as far as im concerned. Batth is no great loss anyway.

Will Nuno be charged for digging out the referee in his interview? after his second sending off too can see the FA/EFL landing on him.

Back