• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) 5/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Deutsch Wolf

Sponsored by Amazon Prime. DM me for discounts...
Reaction score
Let's go round again...

I can confidently predict three things ahead of Saturday.

1) We WILL concede at least once
2) At least one tactical/selection decision that Gary O'Neil makes will baffle me
3) Brentford will absolutely boil my piss with their incessant shithousing and taking an age over every dead ball

You would think Dawson will come back in if he's feeling better. Santi might not even be fit anyway, no update on that. No more of Bellegarde please, I've seen enough of that now. I wouldn't even have Hwang on the bench, or Doherty.

We must try to get Strand Larsen more involved in the game (Ipswich managed that with Delap yesterday, he's a worse player than Jorgen and has worse players behind him). Above all else we have to get something from this. We can't keep losing all the time. But I can't say I have much faith right now.

--------------------------Johnstone-----------------------

Semedo----------Dawson---------Toti--------Ait-Nouri

------------------------André------------------------------

---------------J Gomes-----------Lemina-------------------

---------Forbs---------Strand Larsen------Cunha------------

2023/24: L 0-2 (H), W 4-1 (A), D 1-1 (A, FAC), W 3-2 (H, FAC)
2022/23: W 2-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2021/22: L 0-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2017/18: W 3-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2016/17: W 3-1 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2015/16: L 0-2 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2014/15: W 2-1 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2013/14: D 0-0 (H), W 3-0 (A)
1992/93: L 1-2 (H), W 2-0 (A)

Beside that I'm not sold on Forbs, think it was @Stan Hullis who described him as Adama Lite. I'd rather have R Gomes.

Brentford actually haven’t been very good themselves this season (on a par with us performance wise in a way).

If we can not look exhausted after 60 minutes I’ll be buzzing tbh

I liked the look of Forbs on Saturday. Very raw but it was noticable how they shifted over to protect against his pace.
Is that just covering his pace though, rather than him as a player with a decent ouput? plus also he was on the pitch at the same time as Hwang and there is no point in covering him.

DWs team is the only one really (apart from the Forbs/Gomes choice). The big issue is can we play 90? Not sure we can if we continue with our current tactics, hopefully Andre, Gomes, Lemina in a 'proper' 3 would mitigate that.

Let's go round again...

I can confidently predict three things ahead of Saturday.

1) We WILL concede at least once
2) At least one tactical/selection decision that Gary O'Neil makes will baffle me
3) Brentford will absolutely boil my piss with their incessant shithousing and taking an age over every dead ball

You would think Dawson will come back in if he's feeling better. Santi might not even be fit anyway, no update on that. No more of Bellegarde please, I've seen enough of that now. I wouldn't even have Hwang on the bench, or Doherty.

We must try to get Strand Larsen more involved in the game (Ipswich managed that with Delap yesterday, he's a worse player than Jorgen and has worse players behind him). Above all else we have to get something from this. We can't keep losing all the time. But I can't say I have much faith right now.

--------------------------Johnstone-----------------------

Semedo----------Dawson---------Toti--------Ait-Nouri

------------------------André------------------------------

---------------J Gomes-----------Lemina-------------------

---------Forbs---------Strand Larsen------Cunha------------

2023/24: L 0-2 (H), W 4-1 (A), D 1-1 (A, FAC), W 3-2 (H, FAC)
2022/23: W 2-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2021/22: L 0-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2017/18: W 3-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2016/17: W 3-1 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2015/16: L 0-2 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2014/15: W 2-1 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2013/14: D 0-0 (H), W 3-0 (A)
1992/93: L 1-2 (H), W 2-0 (A)

Would be my team too btw

Don't. I was tempted to call him Jean-Ricner Hélan the other day but he's not quite there yet.
Memories of when we stood next to each other vs Burnley at home and I'm not sure which one of us was seething more at Ojo.

I'd go with the same team as in the OP but i'd seriously consider Sa back in for Johnstone, if he can't save stuff right at him there's no point.

If we don't win this the trigger should be pulled at FT - Little chance against Man City and then the international break to get someone in.

Not that it matters but the break is after this game, THEN we have City.

Sorry, but he's not getting sacked after this game, unless we were to lose by a cricket score and then it'd only be a maybe.

Hobbs and Shi genuinely buy into the tough fixtures, last year doesn't count mantra. They'll hang on to him for as long as possible as he's useful to them. He's here for another month minimum

5. He will continue playing Lemina even when he starts tiring and having no influence on the game in the second half.

Lemina has been shite so far this season. His pass to Salah in the second half was atrocious.
I think shite all season is a bit harsh but certainly nowhere near last seasons quality. Not helped by our tactics and Gaz putting him in stupid positions.

Back