• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) 5/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

If he won't go 3-5-2, he needs to drop one of the midfield three. The balance isn't right and I know Cunha scored at Villa but he hasn't been as effective in recent weeks. In fact, I thought he was a problem against Liverpool as he just doesn't switch on defensively and they were causing us problems down the left.

Cunha is the standout player. Go 4-4-1-1 and give him the freedom to do what he wants.

Johnstone
Semedo, Dawson, Toti, Ait-Nouri
Andre, J. Gomes
Forbs, Cunha, R. Gomes
Larsen

That's what I hope we go for, but I don't think he has it in him to drop Lemina (or Andre or J. Gomes).

A draw away from home is never a bad result but we really need a win here, so be a bit bolder.

If we don't get a point out of this, I wonder how likely it is that we take advantage of the break and have a new face preparing the team for Citeh.

It's a "must win" for me. Absolutely bizarre saying that this early in the season, but HE needs a win. WE need a win. The PLAYERS need a win. Lose here and he should be getting his P45 before the bus arrives back to Wolverhampton. Not that he will, but he should.

Same team as DW for me. Play a proper midfield three. Play Forbs ahead of Bellegarde. I think I actually prefer Santi to Toti, so wouldn't be against playing him with Dawson, but it's quite obvious Toti is preferred on the left side.

Lemina has been shite so far this season. His pass to Salah in the second half was atrocious.
I hadn't quite realised how bad he'd been this season til you pointed it out recently, and he was poor saturday again. Not helped by what positions he is being asked to cover - I mean in the 2 games prior he was very often the most advanced of our players.

Not a single player has really played to their potential so far this season, I think it’s fair to say.

Fair, but he shouldn’t be on the pitch full stop so I don’t really include him. We all know exactly what he is.

Except EP. 😉
He will still be playing Premier League football in 2025 and his last club was Atletico Madrid, I'm clearly the only one who had him right all along.....

:)

Last edited:
I'm fairly underwhelmed tbh. I can't even remember one thing of any note he did against Liverpool. In fact I can't even remember one thing he did period.
I thought he occupied their defenders well.

Also, and I've said it once already, he didn't get enough credit for our goal, you've just proved it! :ROFLMAO:

We can’t have him running on to balls over the top but other than that I like him - holds the ball well, actually wins headers and has a nice touch. Decent finisher if he plays like Chelsea too.

Back