• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 3 - Wolves 0 - a black armband verdict thread

Sorry - just joking Frank (there's not much else we can do) - you are the most positive poster on here (and long may it continue as we we need positivity) just that if you feel a change (or indeed changes) are needed then we are further down the road than we ought to be before someone had taken action within the club

Positivity is always my chosen option in all aspects of life. With regard to our great club, it is with sadness that I have come to the conclusion that changes are needed. But the problems go much deeper than Kenny Jackett. If KJ is sacked, then others should go with him.

A bit before my time, Frank I'm sure will confirm, but anybody that played for McGarry says he was a cunt...seemed to do OK for us first time round.

Cunt is probably unfair to him, though he was a tough nut & would have given our current squad a hard time

He scouts players to which he deserves credit, he doesn't coach or select the team though. If you don't give Pearson credit due to Walsh, then you can't criticise Jackett because of Thelwell

Yes I can thanks. Their roles are not identical.

Chaps take my word for it or don't, I don't care really.

That's my take on it and I will think twice about renewing if we appointed an overrated bully boy like Pearson who isn't the one responsible for the success.

Whilst I think KJ should go, the whole club failed in January. However he did it, KJ stopped the rot, it wasn't pretty and at times lucky but he got us to January on a positive note. So what did we do? Did we go out and bring in players to plug the gaps that had led to us playing like we did? Well no, we didn't we actually weakened the team.

KJ has reached his conclusion at Wolves but like Frank said, those above him are responsible for this wreck of a season as well.

The wins against both Reading and Brighton were more than lucky. On another day we'd have lost by 5.

Positivity is always my chosen option in all aspects of life. With regard to our great club, it is with sadness that I have come to the conclusion that changes are needed. But the problems go much deeper than Kenny Jackett. If KJ is sacked, then others should go with him.

Agree with that last statement - wholesale change needed at the top. Just not sure that it will happen till a sale is agreed

1) It's a sad state of affairs that I'm in London and didn't want to go to the game.
2) It's sad that I'm glad I didn't go
3) I've had a great night without any football.

Please just leave KJ, your time is well past being up.

I really can't believe that ANYONE thinks Jackett should be kept on...Anyone?

It's not a case of being vitriolic towards the manager for me, I don't see any need to rewrite history, he did a good job for us in the first two seasons, he isn't an absolute cunt like Hoddle/Saunders, it would be churlish to deny all that now. He has lost the plot as happens with managers. For me time was up months ago (Bristol City was when I lost it with him) but it's been evident that the club don't really want to make a change. They're ok at the moment with us sitting in mid-table in this division and not really going anywhere until the club is sold. However - we aren't doing that now. 3 points from 7 games, 25 points from 23 games, it's relegation stuff with football to match.

Tonight is the kind of performance and scoreline that gets a manager sacked and I think (hope) we're at the point now where the club cannot let the situation continue, he has had ample opportunity to turn this around and we are actually getting worse. We're now entering games with seemingly no game plan, you cannot see where we get our next win from, whatever he's telling the players they aren't listening, we give away bad goals and have very little attacking threat of our own, it's a horror show.

So it's not only time up from me, I think if we have any pretension of being a football club rather than an asset that is up for sale, he has to go. Don't care if it's Sellars/Edwards for now, we have to make our change. Clearly there are jokeshop candidates that we must avoid but we can deal with that in the coming weeks, in the immediate future there is one decision to make and it's an easy one.

1) It's a sad state of affairs that I'm in London and didn't want to go to the game.
2) It's sad that I'm glad I didn't go
3) I've had a great night without any football.

Please just leave KJ, your time is well past being up.

Waggy and Frank Munro both had big issues with McGarry, they barely exchanged a good morning to him, but once on the pitch they did what he demanded of them.

The wins against both Reading and Brighton were more than lucky. On another day we'd have lost by 5.
Either way we got away with points just a few games after being dicked by Sheffield and Leeds.

Clear as day our issue was defending and to plug the hole we put our midfield in with them. Our defensive strengthening? Sign an injured defender and sell a left back. End result. We are still shit defensively and we make any attempt to be more attacking and we get thumped.

He cut a forlorn figure as he walked off the pitch. Sadly, it is time that he was put out of his agony.

Back