• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

when and where can i watch the full game on our main site ?

Full report

For an ex England keeper the distribution was shit.
Doherty not good enough would like to see him replaced quickly
Vinegre did ok but is not the player to play 46 games in a promotion team
Coady WTF how has he turned in to this player looks a cracking player at Centre Half
Boly excellent strong good in the air quick looks a real quality player
Miranda - what a player 3 tackles in the first half that Baath will never make if he plays for 90 years

As a unit have to learn when to hoof it got caught to many times

Jota real quality but the Ref let them boot him will speak about ref later
Saiss distribution of simple balls was just crap too many over hit
Neves strong play hard to knock of the ball turns great anx when you thi k he is off balanve and going to lose it controls the ball and leaves 3 players in his wake
Bright - kicked out the game after 15 minutes again ref stood and watched
Bonatini - not good enough no speed of thought or pace links ball then fails to get in the box

Ref - disgraceful, trips when breaking, shirt grabbing both mandatory Yellows he just had a word.
Pushes (see late on one Doherty allowed) tackles from behind allowed.

Cav got caught on the ball a few times, but gave us a threat going forward

Dicko better than bonatini, only denied a goal by excellemt defensive header
Price no real impact.

As a team we need to learn not to keep the ball too lomg we got caught in posession to often.
We look much better moving it quicker anx carved some decent chances especially first half

Full report

Coady WTF how has he turned in to this player looks a cracking player at Centre Half
Miranda - what a player 3 tackles in the first half that Baath will never make if he plays for 90 years

Neves strong play hard to knock of the ball turns great anx when you thi k he is off balanve and going to lose it controls the ball and leaves 3 players in his wake
Bonatini - not good enough no speed of thought or pace links ball then fails to get in the box

Ref - disgraceful, trips when breaking, shirt grabbing both mandatory Yellows he just had a word.

Price no real impact.

As a team we need to learn not to keep the ball too lomg we got caught in posession to often.
We look much better moving it quicker anx carved some decent chances especially first half

good comprehensive accurate report

Isn't it amazing how people see games differently?

I felt we were really poor in central midfield, never really dominated the game and Brentford stopped us playing the ball into our attackers. Neves was rightly substituted as he was the poorer of the central 2, however there are odd moments of superb play from him, just not enough to control a game.

I also didn't feel the ref had a bad game, a few decisions I'd have given the other way but I struggle to think of too many fouls that were blatantly wrong.

Last edited:
There were reports when Nuno signed that he was conservative and focused on defence so I'm not surprised we're not creating a bucket load of chances. I expect a lot of games with just the odd goal in it but with players like Jota, Cav and Costa we should be able to score more than enough to win most games

Isn't it amazing how people see games differently?

I felt we were really poor in central midfield, never really dominated the game and Brentford stopped us playing the ball into our attackers. Neves was rightly substituted as he was the poorer of the central 2, however there are odd moments of superb play from him, just not enough to control a game.

I also didn't feel the ref had a bad game, a few decisions I'd have given the other way but I struggle to think of too many fouls that were blatantly wrong.

This was how I saw it mate, ref lost the plot a bit in the final few minutes but to whinge that we were kicked out of it is ridiculous.

Full report

Price no real impact.

England have only had one keeper with good distribution, Paul Robinson. His kicking is unreal from floor and out his hands. If you've ever seen him warm up before games you will see what I mean. Shame that it was largely wasted although Alladyce at Blackburn made use of it as he took all freekicks in their half as he could pretty much hang them onto Samba no matter where the fk was.

Those are the 'Already Impatient' brigade. The abuse certain players got because we arent top with 50 goals is pathetic.

Full 90 minutes has now been uploaded.

Where is that commentary from? I thought there was no commentary on the highlights?

We created plenty I thought - on another day Miranda puts Jota through instead of Dicko, or Dicko or Cavaleiro buried their headers, or Jota chips it over the keeper. Draw was a fair result, and overall thought it was a really entertaining game. Not worried at all, even if clearly there are areas we could improve in.

We created plenty I thought - on another day Miranda puts Jota through instead of Dicko, or Dicko or Cavaleiro buried their headers, or Jota chips it over the keeper.
or Doherty scores that pretty simple chance in the final minutes.

or Nouha wearing springier boots to nod that header in, in injury time...

Back