• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The clue is they are highlights. But it was nice to see them as a day in the beer in the sun had somewhat clouded the memory of the match.

One thing I've not seen mentioned was there was probably 15 or so Wolves fans in the home end. Towards the end of the match they'd given up sitting on their hands and were starting the chants!

Yeah I was in the home end, had given up the charade by the hour mark!

Yeah I was in the home end, had given up the charade by the hour mark!

Caught on camera ? ( only teasing)

giphy.gif

Similar moves actually but it was far too warm for a Christmas jumper...

The first two games, given plenty of space, Doherty looked right at home at RWB. With less space in the following games as teams figured out he was getting too much room to play, he has had to work a lot harder to get up and down and also to find room to play when he receives the ball, and he looks like he struggles more. Put him under pressure and get tight to him and it's noticeable. Whereas with someone like Douglas he has a much better footballing brain and passing technique and can play his way out in a way Doherty can't.
Think the other thing that helps Douglas is that he's usually had Jota down his side and they combine really well, so it's much more difficult to corner Douglas as a quick little one-two with Jota will get him back into space. Doherty hasn't had that helping hand when he's found himself down the same side as Bright most of the time, as good as he is with the ball at his feet he hasn't yet shown anything like as good as an understanding with any team mates that majority of others have.

You'd hope that the fluidity will continue to improve in coming weeks and months as the players build on those relationships, some of them still haven't been at the club long at all yet.

Bright and Doc definitely looked to have had that chemistry against Derby.

Just watched the full 90 minutes on WolvesTV.

Jota & Boly our standout players by an absolute mile. Head & shoulders above everyone else.

Neves was very disappointing, but he'll have days like that. I'd have maybe got Price or Ronan on a bit earlier, if I'm honest. Bright was poor, but didn't look the same after doing something to his ankle in the first half.

The referee was abysmal - but I think we (and Nuno & Co) need to assume that's the normal level of officiating and we need to get used to it.

I was fuming with Miranda for not passing the ball earlier when we broke away at the end. We'd have surely gone on to score if he just looks up and passes it.

Oh, and I'm not as convinced by Vinagre as some other posters on here. He looks a real prospect and I'm happy we've got two natural left backs on board - but there's no doubt in my mind that if both Vinagre & Douglas are fit, Douglas is first choice.

Certainly for now he is. Douglas is great. But in terms of potential, and even by the end of the season Vinagre could be a serious assset for us and could well be first choice eventually.

Had a top day on Saturday. And met this dude.

21078608_10156039083840016_7197584826771565971_n.jpg

Jealous! Got his Wealdstone kit on.

Is that Frank?

Frank's great-great-grandson I think

Is he stood very far away or are you just close to the camera?!

The Wealdstone Raider is pretty small.

Back