• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro (H) 5/8/17 build up

We've been very very good defensively, and good going forward, whereas Boro have been generally quite slow and ponderous. Neves and Saiss have controlled the midfield, and on the few occasions that Boro's attackers have been able to get a foot on the ball, we've swarmed them off.

They need to take control of possession and bring on another CM, swapping Bamford on just means another player up top not getting on the ball for them. I think they're trying to sit deep and counter but we're so much quicker and fitter than them they can't put a break together before one of our players nips in or intercepts a pass.

Jota's been amazing by the way, won some really nice tackles and dropping deep to help Neves and Saiss, but also putting together some fabulous attacking movements.

love the thing we are more fitter than for many years

Dicko came on for Bonatini about ten minutes ago or so.

Boro are coming into it for the first time properly now. Getting the ball more and having time to work around the box.

Very sparse match comments. Anybody?

edit: cheers proslo

Very sparse match comments. Anybody?

Pretty much everyone is actually at the match, it seems, and Fred is the only one here who has access to and can afford the stream.

For those of us overseas it seems that video and audio are on separate subscriptions. Not sure if the same applies in the UK/Eire, though.

Absolute bollocks!
For once, Ireland is grouped together with the UK, so I can't access that package, but I do have the Audio stream for the season. Unfortunately, it's Burrows and Thomson again as Edwards gets ready to come on...

Boro have just put their first shot on goal.

dont like this backing off thingy...like with KJ..bound for a Boro goal

dont like this backing off thingy...like with KJ..bound for a Boro goal

Can't stay on the front foot forever. We're not Barcelona in a league of Granadas.

edwards instead of graham for bright..wtf, just to close it down i guess..why do managers do this instead of hitting them on the counter with graham and close the game? you get punished more than you gain

Back