• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2017/18 Fixtures Thread

It's a tough start as Monk and Rowett will want to get off to a winning start as will Nuno. Hull could be a total basket case with their decent players leaving (I'd like us to nab Clucas but I think he's Premier League bound) but then they could be world beaters.

Really hits home how competitive this league will be next season looking at those fixtures.

At least 10-12 teams (I won't list them) can have genuine aspirations of automatic promotion next season.

Although it's such an unpredictable league and anyone can beat anyone else on any given week, September looks like a good run of winnable fixtures for us (Millwall, Bristol City, Forest, Barnsley, Sheffield Utd & Burton). If we can get off to a good start, we'll have found our rhythm by September so we could get ourselves in a good position early doors.

Really hits home how competitive this league will be next season looking at those fixtures.

At least 10-12 teams (I won't list them) can have genuine aspirations of automatic promotion next season.

Although it's such an unpredictable league and anyone can beat anyone else on any given week, September looks like a good run of winnable fixtures for us (Millwall, Bristol City, Forest, Barnsley, Sheffield Utd & Burton). If we can get off to a good start, we'll have found our rhythm by September so we could get ourselves in a good position early doors.

Agreed, although it would be typical of Wolves to beat Middlesboro, Derby and Hull and then lose to Millwall, Barnsley and Burton...

From Norwich on Feb 20th that's a hella tough end to the season, excepting maybe Burton and Bolton.

Worked out perfect for me.

Jan 20 N Forest
Jan 27 fortunately away to Ipswich as I'm at a wedding.
Feb 3 Sheff United
Feb 10 QPR

Long for the days when the fixtures are released and I can go to all of them.

Really looking forward to my first season as a season ticket holder since 96/97 - lets hope this season finishes better than that one...

Worked out perfect for me.

Jan 20 N Forest
Jan 27 fortunately away to Ipswich as I'm at a wedding.
Feb 3 Sheff United
Feb 10 QPR

Long for the days when the fixtures are released and I can go to all of them.

Masochist:p

Right cluster of fixtures I'm going to in the opening two months. I try to go to Derby, Forest, Burton and S. Yorkshire games as they're all local.

Nottingham for the weekend of my birthday - 49 though wonder if there are any bingo clubs

Some tasty away Tuesday fixtures going to have to get to those. I think getting Middlesborough early is a good thing I suspect after a few games they will be a force hopefully they have a nasty relegation hangover.

Make no mistake Nuno has a hell of a job on his hands to turn us into promotion hopefuls, the fixture list brings it home just how much competition there is.

Can't wait can we just skip a month and get started I hate close season.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'll be aiming to go to Brentford away in August before I start uni and coaching for next year, Millwall and Bristol City away over christmas I reckon I will go to as well.

I will be hoping to go to the game at Bolton, I have family who live not far from there, and we can spend the weekend with them.

I agree with what was said earlier; we seem to rise to the challenge whenever we have a tough start.

Bring it on.

Back