• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Words Fail Me

It's the thought of having the stadium in limbo for god knows how long that irritates me. Why start with it in the first place when there are no clear plans in place to do the rest.

It's obviously a financial decision, just like it would be with housing, If Wolves were still in the PL then it'd be getting done on the back of the cash provided.

I'd sign up for that. I'd also contribute to the Steve Bull stand rebuild. We could also do a crowdfund to raise a transfer fee for another club to take Doherty off our hands. Maybe this could be a new way forward for the club!

is this not the way a lot of German clubs are run, with the supporters having some say in how the club is run ?
or perhaps my memory has shot off on another dimension !

Last edited:
is this not the way a lot of German clubs are run, with the supporters having some say in how the club is run ?
or perhaps my memory has shot off on another dimension !

Would Wolves be a better run club with fan involvement, positives against negatives?

Would Wolves be a better run club with fan involvement, positives against negatives?

If reading some of the posts on here doesn't give you an answer, try reading the comments on Express and Star articles.

Perhaps those on MolMix too. Though I can't vouch for them as I've been put off by the insinuations on here about its content.

I think it would definitely work better, but it would be more a case of fans (stakeholders) vote on certain issues, i.e. CEO for 3 years, then the rest is left to the set up and fans have no further involvement. Then if fans don't like how the club is being run then they have chance to vote a new CEO in three (Or whatever) years time.

I think it would definitely work better, but it would be more a case of fans (stakeholders) vote on certain issues, i.e. CEO for 3 years, then the rest is left to the set up and fans have no further involvement. Then if fans don't like how the club is being run then they have chance to vote a new CEO in three (Or whatever) years time.
It seems to me that a fair percentage of the fanbase think Jez Moxey is not accountable to them so fixed term appointments and elections could enable better accountability.

It seems to me that a fair percentage of the fanbase think Jez Moxey is not accountable to them so fixed term appointments and elections could enable better accountability.

Most fans don't have a clue what the CEO of a large organisation does. It would be madness to hand over that sort of power to fans. Electing a president every 3 years makes more sense if that President has some influence over how the club will move forward - a seat on the board, elected on a mandate from the fans. The club would ignore that person at their peril.

Most fans don't have a clue what the CEO of a large organisation does. It would be madness to hand over that sort of power to fans. Electing a president every 3 years makes more sense if that President has some influence over how the club will move forward - a seat on the board, elected on a mandate from the fans. The club would ignore that person at their peril.

I think you underestimate the fans. Yes, we have a section of vocal fans that would stamp their feet and want change, but most would no exactly who was doing a good or bad job. Up until our double relegation I think the majority would have voted Moxey back in.

I think you underestimate the fans. Yes, we have a section of vocal fans that would stamp their feet and want change, but most would no exactly who was doing a good or bad job. Up until our double relegation I think the majority would have voted Moxey back in.

Interesting. And so what happens when the vocal fans you relate to feel that their representation wasn't good enough (ie not doing EXACTLY what they say)? Ah yes - XYZ representative is just Moxey's lapdog. It's all spin, we PROPER fans want our representation on the board. And so you go round in circles and fuck all gets done.

Interesting. And so what happens when the vocal fans you relate to feel that their representation wasn't good enough (ie not doing EXACTLY what they say)? Ah yes - XYZ representative is just Moxey's lapdog. It's all spin, we PROPER fans want our representation on the board. And so you go round in circles and $#@! all gets done.

Agreed, I've no doubt there's a few Clubs where it has worked but having been on the terraces at Molineux for fifty years it would definitely end in tears.

Interesting. And so what happens when the vocal fans you relate to feel that their representation wasn't good enough (ie not doing EXACTLY what they say)? Ah yes - XYZ representative is just Moxey's lapdog. It's all spin, we PROPER fans want our representation on the board. And so you go round in circles and fuck all gets done.

Not really, as they will have chance to vote again in three years time, so for three years they'll have to lump it. Democracy works as we can see from Conservatives running the Country...

I think there is a lot to be said for fan ownership and that the club are reportable to the fans. A fans parliament type set up would have to be more honest and open as the board will be accountable to the share holders.

This is a fantastic example of the Guess and Stir providing a fantastic platform for the Molineux Monguls and fans such as those. They both work off each other perfectly.

PR wise it has been a disaster (such is Wolves) but when you stop and consider it there is a justified reason and explanation for it all. I dont mind contributing at all and like the idea of walking past such a treasured figure knowing I in some way contributed.

Not really, as they will have chance to vote again in three years time, so for three years they'll have to lump it. Democracy works as we can see from Conservatives running the Country...

I think there is a lot to be said for fan ownership and that the club are reportable to the fans. A fans parliament type set up would have to be more honest and open as the board will be accountable to the share holders.

They won't accept it. And so you will have exactly the same level of distrust as now. The idea of fans in some way owning clubs and having elections just won't work in this country at all. Fans AREN'T shareholders. They are customers at the end of the day, in that they buy the club's product. They have more of a vested interest for sure, but there is no board / shareholder relationship. The only accountability is customer related.

They won't accept it. And so you will have exactly the same level of distrust as now. The idea of fans in some way owning clubs and having elections just won't work in this country at all. Fans AREN'T shareholders. They are customers at the end of the day, in that they buy the club's product. They have more of a vested interest for sure, but there is no board / shareholder relationship. The only accountability is customer related.

I understand why your are sceptic to the idea and understand with our fan base why you feel like that, however, and I may well be wrong, but I believe that are fans will have a different outlook on stuff if they feel they are involved and part of what is happening off the pitch. Yes, of course they will want changes on the pitch and will shout for the managers head when things are going wrong, but I believe it would certainly bridge the gap between fans and club.

It would be an unmitigated disaster run by committee.

And, say we went down a "fans representative" route. As soon as that rep is signed up to standard confidentiality stuff, they will be accused of being a lapdog for not spilling the beans and acting like an ITK. It is an appalling idea that would end ruinously. Absolutely no point.

Committees don't win. End of.

Back