• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Words Fail Me

Perfect thread - ANGER...calming after seeing the bigger picture. ..polite discussion...HATE ON DOHERTY..

Perfect thread - ANGER...calming after seeing the bigger picture. ..polite discussion...HATE ON DOHERTY..

Just need some amusing gifs for the full house.

Poor Matt Doherty ends up being mentioned on nearly every thread. At least he can't get onto the WW1 thread..Can he...??

Poor Matt Doherty ends up being mentioned on nearly every thread. At least he can't get onto the WW1 thread..Can he...??

"Which Wolves players would YOU send to the front line?"

Yeah, I'm sure he could.

He'd spend all his time aimlessly wandering into no mans land...

Can't we all donate a tenner to pay KJ's compensation?

Maybe I'm in the minority but all I want (as goes statues) are the two we already have - Cullis & Wright. In the long history of Wolverhampton Wanderers those two are massive. I wouldn't even put a statue of Bully outside Molineux. I would prefer a statue of SJH at the training ground - that would be a fitting tribute to the man.

Can't disagree wit this - SJH's ownership of Wolves is massively romanticised based mainly on being an amiable fellow who spent money, some of it wisely, most of it not. He didn't rescue the club and didn't achieve as much as Morgan has as owner. Cullis and Wright, however, were two giants of the club who were part of one of the greatest club sides in the world...ever.

When it came to Wolves, Sir Jack's heart was in the right place - the same place as the many 1000s of supporters who won't have a statue built in their honour when they have passed away.

I would have waited and renamed the next new stand after the bloke, whether he wanted it or not, that would have been a fitting tribute and something that would have had a real benefit to the fans (better toilets, more room in the concourse, better coffee...)

I can't see the problem fair enough The idea has been translated very poorly in the article on the official site but reading through It you do get the general train of thought of the club. It's a nice gesture towards fans who want to be apart of a statue being built.

Got to make the point the E&S article is a disgrace and as usual are trying to stir shit among fans yet again.

Calm down, folks. It's just a tenner. Make it twenty and we'll get rolling on Phase Two. You can include it with your Early Bird.

Nothing wrong with the idea but the wilfully misleading way the E&S have "reported" this has led to the latest outpouring of "Wolves hate".
If you feel the need donate to a memorial for SJH donate, if you don't, don't.

If you feel the need donate to a memorial for SJH donate, if you don't, don't.

I think this would be fair if the club had announced it at the same time as the statue itself, a couple of months later is just poor PR. It's come out today as there is a Parliament meeting and Jez can say "we listen" as the Parliament has been pretty much derided over the last year or so. It's backfired....again

No but its just another O.G from the club on P.R

1 x Fan suggests it - Club think "so thats what all the fans want us to do" and run with it.

Better idea would have been for the club to pay the £250k (or 1 Golbourne if you will) and...well nothing else. Just fooking pay it.

Exactly. Outrage. Idiots

The past two years the club have been fantastic and really made an effort to bridge the gap that had grown between club and fans. This season they've returned to their old ways. The fucking cheek. They can stick their tenner up their arse.

I stand by the bit in bold. Take back the rest. It's like it was too much effort the past 2 seasons and they've stopped trying.

Can't we all donate a tenner to pay KJ's compensation?
I'd sign up for that. I'd also contribute to the Steve Bull stand rebuild. We could also do a crowdfund to raise a transfer fee for another club to take Doherty off our hands. Maybe this could be a new way forward for the club!

Great move Wolves. You tacky, tinpot,appalling fuckers.

I actually thought it was a wind up when I first read this somewhere else this morning.

I also take some of this back after reading more in to it.

Although not sure he would actually want a statue of himself erected which was paid for, or part paid for by the fans. Or paid for by anyone for that matter. I don't think he seemed like that kind of a gentleman that would want it.

I will put £100 towards the Steve Bull stand rebuild - as I've said elsewhere it makes me mad having to put up with a lop sided stadium again after all those fucking years when John Ireland stand stood all on its own a bus ride away from the other stands. Would Morgan have Redrow build a £250,000 house where your bedroom window had a restricted view

Very common for large housing developments to be built in stages, where subsequent areas are only released based on sales. So in a way, yes, he certainly will have built houses with 'restricted' views, probably worth a damn site more than £250K as well.

Back