• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Words Fail Me

They like linking the 2. They know it gets a reaction.

I don't see the problem. Donate if you want to. Don't if you don't want to. I won't be.

This.

And no doubt those in the Southbank who love to remind everyone that 'he's one of our own' will be handing their tenners over.

Morgan will get his chippies to knock one up and the club will pocket the difference. You just know it's going to look like that art school special at Southampton

Having read reactions from those that want to vote, I now actually think it's a good idea, where some fans can walk passed the statue and think to themselves I was involved in this tribute. However, I think the E&S have been poor with comments such as 'The fundraising drive is asking fans to donate ‘a tenner for Sir Jack’ to cover the costs.' and should be very ashamed of themselves for using this as a way of angering fans and the PR from Wolves has also been very poor too.
I agree with this post. The E&S article is shocking lowest common denominator stuff.

I will donate because Sir Jack gave so much to Wolverhampton Wanderers. I think in it's a small gesture of our respect to him. I prefer for the fans to pay for it as, the people who now run the club only have my contempt.
I understand peoples opinions about the club should pay for it. For me it's to do with pride. The people who took over from our beloved Sir Jack weren't up to it. Sir Jack is one of our own.
I agree with this too. I don't recall all and sundry moaning when they had the option (via Sir Jack!) to pay for an inscribed brick in the rebuilt Molineux did we? I'm sure I could've sourced bricks cheaper than wolves charged then...
And as has been said, it makes the statue more communal. Which I think is a good thing.
The problem has been with the announcement which came across as "we are delighted to get a statue sorted but you have to pay for it or doesn't happen" obviously not the case but awful from Wolves PR and usual shite from the E&S. Tim II has even managed to use Redrow making huge profits against the idea.
I don't see where the original press release has said or indicated that? I think it is more that is how people have chosen to interpret it.
Says more about how people perceive the club I suspect.

Morgan will get his chippies to knock one up and the club will pocket the difference. You just know it's going to look like that art school special at Southampton

My sarcasm-o-meter isn't quite working and I'm sure this is tongue in cheek however it is the same sculptor who did the Stan Cullis statue and that is very good.

My sarcasm-o-meter isn't quite working and I'm sure this is tongue in cheek however it is the same sculptor who did the Stan Cullis statue and that is very good.

Have you just finished a night shift?

Have you just finished a night shift?

Just not sleeping too well at the moment ;)

It was just the "gonna look like that art school special" that drifted from sarcasm to "that's what we'll end up with"

It could be worse.....
JackonStatue_415.jpg

The official blurb states there will be an option to donate when paying for the early bird.

No doubt the marketing literature will have a photo of SJH doing the 'thumbs up' with a few 'He's one of our own' thrown in.

Perhaps a child waving a flashlight.

I will happily donate £50 if Morgan instigates real change before the EB.

Maybe I'm in the minority but all I want (as goes statues) are the two we already have - Cullis & Wright. In the long history of Wolverhampton Wanderers those two are massive. I wouldn't even put a statue of Bully outside Molineux. I would prefer a statue of SJH at the training ground - that would be a fitting tribute to the man.

Would love a Statue of Bully doing the hat trick celebration outside the ground.

Would love a Statue of Bully doing the hat trick celebration outside the ground.

How about Richards, Dougan, Broadbent, Swinbourne, Wagstaffe, Hibbitt - even Andy Mutch etc etc etc

I know what you're saying but those two statues encompass everything. They represent the greats.

The Billy statue is absolutely superb - it is everything about Wolves and more importantly US.

How about Richards, Dougan, Broadbent, Swinbourne, Wagstaffe, Hibbitt - even Andy Mutch etc etc etc

I know what you're saying but those two statues encompass everything. They represent the greats.

The Billy statue is absolutely superb - it is everything about Wolves and more importantly US.

You missed out Frank Munro...!

Maybe I'm in the minority but all I want (as goes statues) are the two we already have - Cullis & Wright. In the long history of Wolverhampton Wanderers those two are massive. I wouldn't even put a statue of Bully outside Molineux. I would prefer a statue of SJH at the training ground - that would be a fitting tribute to the man.

+1

This surely signals there won't be an early bird? They couldn't pull this and then think send out letters asking for renewals?

Could they?

:facepalm:
Reading all this together with the team and results and moreover performances makes me think some bastard is trying to make us the next Woolworths and close us down.. At least the council won't sell the land (Molineux) unless it is used for football. WWFC MKII

I realise this is about as likely as me winning the lottery tonight and the Euro Friday

I reckon a Matt Doherty statue would look imposing as you emerge from the subway. Maybe with one arm in the air, but not like the statue of the Emperor Augustus that lines the Roman Forum.

I reckon a Matt Doherty statue would look imposing as you emerge from the subway. Maybe with one arm in the air, but not like the statue of the Emperor Augustus that lines the Roman Forum.

It'd have the added bonus of turning as quickly as the real thing.

Back