• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Kit Thread

I quite like Castore stuff, seems popular with kids too. Good to see a new UK brand taking off too.

It’s a disgrace signing a new deal with a betting company when these are becoming outlawed advertising.

Thankfully my not buying it stance fit that reason is made easy as that is SHITE
That would be like smoking in a pub before the smoking ban, knowing the ban was coming.

Perfectly fine and within the limits of the law.

It's a brand nothing to do with the history of the club.
No class.
I don't know why anyone is surprised.
Home kit should be Gold and Black. Away kit should be all White. (Teal at a stretch).
Ideally with no sponsor. (Black sponsor logo only if you insist).
That's my old fashioned take on it.
Should we only ever use brands with historical ties to the club?

That would have ruled out Castore, who have been the best quality kit supplier in decades.

That would be like smoking in a pub before the smoking ban, knowing the ban was coming.

Perfectly fine and within the limits of the law.
True. But the length of delay in the change is solely based on villas deal with their sponsor as that was the longest outstanding and the authorities could hardly force clubs to breach contracts they had already signed. But if a cunts trick to sign a new deal in the phasing out period.

Legal doesn’t make it less dishonourable. Although I must confess bias in the matter as a reformed gambling addict.

No desire to be puritanical about it so I’m comfortable in my skin with saying I will swerve it but your mileage may vary and that’s fine too

True. But the length of delay in the change is solely based on villas deal with their sponsor as that was the longest outstanding and the authorities could hardly force clubs to breach contracts they had already signed. But if a cunts trick to sign a new deal in the phasing out period.
The authorities could easily have enforced a no new betting sponsorship law. But they didn't.
Legal doesn’t make it less dishonourable. Although I must confess bias in the matter as a reformed gambling addict.

No desire to be puritanical about it so I’m comfortable in my skin with saying I will swerve it but your mileage may vary and that’s fine too
It's understandable you don't like it, and that's fine. And as you have clearly recognised it won't offend everyone's sensibilities.

I guess any sponsor willing to pay millions in sponsorship will probably have a downside and piss somebody off.

Doritos isn't tied up with Macau Money tbf.
No but if you eat a bag of tangy cheese while your driving, it'll make a mess of the steering wheel.

No far east gangsters have ever messed up my cars interior.

Ah, I've just checked, the not for us tournament got a bollocking for targeting U16s with junk food propaganda a coupleof years ago. But they are still doing it...

Should we only ever use brands with historical ties to the club?

That would have ruled out Castore, who have been the best quality kit supplier in decades.
What I meant was the club is now a brand. The owners couldn't give a shit about the clubs history. Only the future as a cash cow.

Ah, I've just checked, the not for us tournament got a bollocking for targeting U16s with junk food propaganda a coupleof years ago. But they are still doing it...

KFC are all over Australian cricket, literally plastered everywhere and promos offered in-match all the time

Pepsi have been the main Pakistan sponsor for about 30 years

Back