• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Internationals

Dex Lembikisa got the full match at RWB for Jamaica last night in their 1-0 loss to Mexico. Seems to have that position locked down for the Reggae Boyz.

Yerson not trusted by Colombia yet, it seems. Not starting, and a CB has just been subbed off for injury and Mina came on rather than Yerson.

Yerson not trusted by Colombia yet, it seems. Not starting, and a CB has just been subbed off for injury and Mina came on rather than Yerson.
He’s not even in the squad, didn’t make the final 26.

Yerson isn't in the squad I don't think?

Could have sworn I saw him on the bench but happy to bow to y’all. Having a bad night on facts!

Took it for granted that he’d be included.

Gomes started and played 83 minutes for Brazil, picked ahead of Douglas Luiz

Joao played 90 minutes in Brazils 4-1 win over Paraguay last night. Paraguay did go down to 10 men.

Millwall’s Wes Harding keeping Dexter on the bench tonight for Jamaica against Venezeula.

Reactions: b3h
João Gomes got another 70 odd minutes for Brazil in a 1-1 draw with Colombia

Gomes started again for Brazil, but they lost their quarter final to Uruguay on pens - he was replaced by Luiz who missed his. I'd imagine their manager won't survive that.

I wouldn't knock any player for playing for their country in the Olympics, it's a major tournament for some nations, but I'm not sure it helps them from a club perspective. Eg Traore ended the season in the first 11 and this will put him behind the 8 ball again

It really shouldn't be in the Olympics, at least for the men. If you aren't having the best of the country available, then why bother.
Though I think due to IOC rules if you pulled the men's competition, you'd have to pull the women's too.

Mali lost to Paraguay yesterday so Bouba's involvement in the Olympics is over. Guess he won't link back up with the squad until the week before the Arsenal game.

Back