• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Internationals

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
This stuff always seems to end up in the General thread where it doesn't belong...so away we go.

Unsurprisingly Doc is back in the Ireland squad now he is better. Still don't think he'll play though. Their regular LB is banned for one game but I would advise them not to go down that road.

Was hoping he wouldn't get called up but like you say, won't play.

Rui, Neves and Mout in the Portugal squad.

Jota not selected, I presume because they have found someone else to sit on the bench for 90 minutes...and he is injured.

Makes me think Diogo won’t be involved at all Sunday then

At least him and Raul get a break now.

No real shock as Saiss pulls out of the Morocco squad due to the hamstring injury picked up yesterday

He went away, but isn't on the bench, so probably has a knock

Illness according to twitter.

Cutrone just came on at half time for Italy U21 v Ireland. Ronan playing No 10 role for Ireland.

q0wq7vTl.jpg

Right back in a five then I guess. The correct way to use him, as we know well.

Your guess is as good as mine, that could be any of about four positions.

McClean has played LB all season for Stoke so he is another option there.

Aye true, that was just from listening to a reporter this morning who is out there with them and is usually on the money*.

*Probably mean now have cursed it and Mick goes for something completely batshit.

Seems weird. Doc hasn't played in a back four (bar 70 odd mins at Sheff Utd where we were shit, he was shit and we lost) for nearly two and a half years, let alone playing on the left (where he was never any good to start with, and declined to such a point where we had to drop him despite having no other serious options). I can't stand McClean on a number of levels but if that's where he now plays at club level then he'd be a more obvious pick.

I hope he does well but it smacks of someone who's never ever watched him play at LB.

Penalty shout against him...not given (rightly).

Unsurprisingly early signs are that this is not making the best use of him. He hasn't got over the halfway line yet.

Doherty has been the best Irish International domestically for the last 2 years, so I guess there's pressure from the Irish press to play him. With 4 @ the back and the captain at right back I wouldn't bother though. He's now picked him to play right wing and left back when we know he's not up to much in either position

Back