• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

Reading between the lines Shi gives the impression that they will make available what is needed for us to get sucess (don't expect them to act stupidly though - doubt that there is any particular limit

I think having Mendes on board and us probably having a few of his players the negotiations on wages with them won't be too bad

Given the very easy start we have, I'd say Jackett probably has 8-10 games to get us into top 3

Given the very easy start we have, I'd say Jackett probably has 8-10 games to get us into top 3

I would say he really has to have a flying start.

Difference we now have is the owners are an Investment Company. A poor start puts risk on that.

I think KJ will be very aware of his future now. He has been handed a 2nd chance, he has never been at a club with the money available like we have now. This is his golden chance - Put 15/16 behind him and get back to playing like 14/16 season and he stands a chance.

So Jacket stays for now. But I reckon he will be gone within six weeks. He must know that his position is untenable and I'm sure a deal has been done for him to leave when a new manager has been identified. That's probably a good thing - it's silly to rush a managerial appointment.

I cant see Jackett working with Mendes prodigies. Hes as good as gone as soon as Silva accepts the job.

Meh,regardless of injuries last season,if Jackett plays the same god awful
square pegs in some stupid negative Rhombus formation then it won't matter who's
playing for us.
KJ should have gone and I see no point in KT if he's working off someone else's list.

Yeah it's all about the start we get and the Players brought in now, will have to be in the mix (top 6) by end of Sept or he'll be gone.

I can see the sense in keeping Kenny (for the time being) - and said as much this morning before the presser.

It'll be tough for him to make a squad gel, with a number of new players (in all likelihood mainly foreign speakers too), in such a short space of time. But then you only have to look at the fortunes of other Championship clubs to realise this is an excellent opportunity for KJ to right the wrongs of last season too.

As others have said, 10 games in and we're floating around midtable, Kenny will be gone.

All in all, a very positive press conference with some excellent soundbites.

So Jacket stays for now. But I reckon he will be gone within six weeks. He must know that his position is untenable and I'm sure a deal has been done for him to leave when a new manager has been identified. That's probably a good thing - it's silly to rush a managerial appointment.

Nah...Sounds like he has been given another chance, the slate is clean and he will have access to some quality players. If he doesn't produce pretty quickly, he will be fired

Nah...Sounds like he has been given another chance, the slate is clean and he will have access to some quality players. If he doesn't produce pretty quickly, he will be fired

Suspect you are right, but only as Lopetegui took the Spain job. Shi admitted he had spoken to him before he was in a position to make a final decision

Ken is a very, very lucky man. After last season he has no right to still be managing this club. Let's see what he can do with some new players though. He either does well, in which case I can't really grumble, or he underachieves and gets replaced.

A lot of positives from the press conference. This season is certainly going to be more interesting than the last one, even with KJ's dire tactics.

Hugely positive overall.

Jackett will be gone when they find a suitable replacement. I've no issues with them taking their time but it sounds like they mean serious business - and that won't include sentimentality.

I'm very excited to see which players we bring in. And I'd expect new arrivals imminently.

I like the fact we will have money available to buy players, but I am not impressed so far with the fact that Thelwell, Jacket and Moxey will still be running the club on a day-to-day basis. That's underwhelming.

We have seen what a mess they have made of the 1st team previously, so I will temper my excitement for now and watch what happens over the next few weeks.

"KJs dire tactics" wasn't a thing until last season. Hopefully he can turn it around.

I'm really excited and encouraged by that conference. All of the things I hoped would happen to Wolves are finally coming to fruition. Obviously , this is only the start, and many things may go wrong. But Fosun seem like the real deal, and the fact they are willing to invest big money into players is amazing, especially when you consider Mendes is attached to them, and the calibre of players under him.

On another note, how unbelievably lucky is Kenny Jackett?

Meh,regardless of injuries last season,if Jackett plays the same god awful
square pegs in some stupid negative Rhombus formation then it won't matter who's
playing for us.
KJ should have gone and I see no point in KT if he's working off someone else's list.

This. If Jackett's hoof ball is on show at Rotherham in a 0-0 draw he'll get the boot inside 2 weeks. Same with Thelwell, has only bought 1 good player in 2 seasons, immensly poor.

Great news from Jeff Shi and he looks like he'll take no shit. If Chris Wood turns up I would think every Wolves fan will melt down.

I like the fact we will have money available to buy players, but I am not impressed so far with the fact that Thelwell, Jacket and Moxey will still be running the club on a day-to-day basis. That's underwhelming.

We have seen what a mess they have made of the 1st team previously, so I will temper my excitement for now and watch what happens over the next few weeks.

One of them is going...3 months and counting
Thelwell and KJ are basically now working in a Probation period. They don't impress Mr Shi & Co and they are offski.

I was a tad worried we were going to get the typical Foreign ownership, where they come in and sweep everything out of the way before they even know what they are doing. This seems to be a sensible approach, as Jeff Shi gets used to the workings of a Football club he has people who know the club inside out. Once he has himself sorted he will make the decision.

Jackett you fucking jammy, jammy cunt. Anywhere near reverting to last season's fucking awful displays, selections and tactics and you'll be vilified here forever and a day. Personally I don't think he'll handle bigger players.

Jackett you $#@!ing jammy, jammy $#@!. Anywhere near reverting to last season's $#@!ing awful displays, selections and tactics and you'll be vilified here forever and a day. Personally I don't think he'll handle bigger players.

No, me neither. I think he's a manager who's comfortable with a Chris Wood/George Saville calibre of player.

Jackett is as good as gone. No probation period. Anyway, that's my reading of it.

Back