• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

Question about Director of Football. Jeff says Kevin Thelwell is involved in that role and is ready to work with him.

Jeff confirms that we already have fans in China and the clubs colours and name are special to them.

OMG we could end up being like Man Utd in Asia lol

Jeff says role of Chairman not been decided yet. He would like to do the role but currently being processed with the Fosun Group.

Shi: "I will spend almost one quarter per year here. I will not be managing by daily basis, we need a CEO to help me."

Suspect Shi is being dimplomatic & pragmatic when he says he didn't want Moxey to go - a lot of this is a PR exercise anyway

At least with Mendes involved its less likely we will be in for rubbish like Wood and Matt Smith. Wonder who Nelson Oliveira's agent is? He was on loan at Forest last season and is a bit of a lump.

Would love Nelson Oliveira, in the right side he would be exceptional.

Jeff says Fosun Group not thinking about buying any other clubs in Europe at the moment. 'We are taking things step by step."

Interesting comments about the women's team too. We might just get two top clubs...

Asked when he wants promotion. "As soon as possible," if Jeff's reply. Cannot guarantee anything in football but working very hard.

obviously this is early days. they have to recruit a CEO and it is likely to be someone with particular views that will influence decisions about manager/DoF etc etc.

close to the season and it's no surprise they stick with current structure, but it's a press conference and he's saying the things that match where the club's at on day 1 takeover. doesn't necessarily reflect medium/linger term thoughts

Press conference now at an end. Jez finishes by paying tribute to Jeff in terms of the time and effort he has put into the takeover.

Anything yet about matching the pay levels of other top end Championship level clubs?

Reading between the lines Shi gives the impression that they will make available what is needed for us to get sucess (don't expect them to act stupidly though - doubt that there is any particular limit

Back