• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are SOLD and Darlo finally has smooth thighs!

Great article, Dan. Maybe they never answered you, because you say things how they are. They never appear to be too interested in that side of things!

Last edited:
Timbo just said on Twitter that he's still writing his piece for tomorrow's paper...

It might be loads better than mine. Should be with over 24 hours to write it.

It might be loads better than mine. Should be with over 24 hours to write it.

Tim will properly do abit of copy and pasting from ur article, and i think the reason the guess and stir post half arsed stories regarding press stuff is cuz twitter only allows 140 characters :) & its Tims main source for stories :)

It's just facts for fuck's sake, they're presented there for all and Tim had the privilege of sitting in the same fucking room as where aforementioned facts were relayed. All he has to do is record them, make them interesting then present them in a timely fashion. That's his job. If he can't do that how is he still in a fucking job?

Delaying his write up just to embelish it with an hope of selling another days rag.
Will be a KJ i/v the day after...
Comes from above.

His story will be for the print run. The E&S only do one run now which was before the press conference. I guess they will restrict what goes online initially so not to damage print sales. So he gets an extra couple of hours.

Go back a few years and the report would have been out in the late edition.

Just caught up with both the interview and press conference, and all I can wish for is that the group back themselves up with what they say they are going to do, and we are in for some great times as Wolves fans.

All the talk today has been about all they want to do is invest money in the squad, and ower Jeff seemed quite enthused about the targets we are looking to bring in.

Feeling quite lucky, actually.

Think it was Timbo. Jeff just looked at him so he repeated it LOUDER and SLOWER, like an Englishman trying to order a pint of lager in Torremolinos.

I don't think it was Tim II. The question came from the right hand side of the room and at the start of the video I think Tim II was on the left struggling to take a photo with his phone.

I don't think it was Tim II. The question came from the right hand side of the room and at the start of the video I think Tim II was on the left struggling to take a photo with his phone.
Guy with ginger hair I think....so probably that Colley geezer from Sky.

What a stupid fucking question it was as well, you could almost feel the whole room going "why the fuck are you asking that for?"

So, right at the bottom of Bramall lane there is a massive Chinese quarter being built by some huge Chinese investment firm, that area is pretty heavy with other Chinese shops and the student accommodation there is almost universally all Chinese students over the summer as I used to work for the company that owns it. Anyway was driving past it today and saw a Chinese lad swaggering about in a Wolves shirt. It was the old Sporting Bet black away one. My Missus was like, 'do you think he is a random guy that's always just supported Wolves, or do you think it's because you are China's biggest club now' she was joking about that last bit, but it's probably true...

It's just facts for $#@!'s sake, they're presented there for all and Tim had the privilege of sitting in the same $#@!ing room as where aforementioned facts were relayed. All he has to do is record them, make them interesting then present them in a timely fashion. That's his job. If he can't do that how is he still in a $#@!ing job?

I mean... no, that isn't his job. He's a journalist, not the club's press officer - we can all go to wolves.co.uk for the "facts" and the videos of what the people at the club said. He's meant to ask difficult questions, or at least questions that go beyond merely what the club want things to appear like (which is: stable, solid, not with massive problems with squad depth nor a manager who's only in a job out of circumstance).

What should have been asked are questions like:

- With Fosun stating that they see Wolves as a club with a huge, untapped potential for growth, does that imply that Steven Morgan's tenure has been one of missed opportunity?
- Since Kenny Jackett has been allowed to stay on as head coach, with first choice replacement Julen Lopetegui choosing the Spanish national side job instead, can we assume that he is already under a huge amount of pressure?
- You've said you're willing to spend "what it takes", but also ruled out a bottomless pit of money. Under what conditions would Fosun consider Wolves a failed investment, and divest?

It's a hard balancing act for the local press and the sports teams they cover, though, so I sympathize with Spiers and the E&S to some extent. To do the job of a journalist beyond simply regurgitating press releases, you've got to have contacts who are willing to break the official lines, off the record, and point the direction to stuff happening out of sight. On the national titles, that's easy for a sports journalist. You're covering the biggest teams, which are each massive organizations with staff often based in different places around the world. Plus you've got the monetary incentives for agents to leak stuff, to create rumours and have players press for a move and so on.

The E&S just has Wolves, and Wolves isn't a massive organization. It doesn't have *that* many staff, at least at the level of making serious decisions on things like buying players. (Just think how we only heard about the takeover in advance because it leaked out on the Spanish side of it.) Any big leaks will get traced back to their origin pretty quickly I'd wager, quite easily, so it's not worth it - especially since it's not like there's much to gain from it for any leaker.

So Spiers and the E&S are stuck, really. They haven't got a way to crack open the club's most secret operations, so they've got to rely on things like scheduled interviews with people like Jackett for "exclusives" like "there is a takeover happening but can't say much else tbh" from a couple of weeks ago. If they go too hard with stuff - like, say, actually asking difficult questions at a press conference - then the club will cut them off entirely, and then they haven't even got the puff piece interviews where someone like Jackett is allowed to let tidbits go. After all, they've got the official site to speak directly to the fans, they don't *need* the press. The E&S's job is to try and be the intermediary between the fans and the club, and it can only do that as long as it doesn't challenge the club's own branding and PR plans so much that it becomes more troublesome than it's worth. It's self-preservation as much as journalism, sadly.

It's also the job of a reporter to do basic research on the participants in a press conference beforehand, mind. "How much is Fosun worth," christ alive.

Proslo... The E&S have Wolves, WB and Walsall. They regularly print provocative shite about Wolves in order to rile up the fans. They have no interest in representing Wolves in any other than a bad light while kissing the arse of Wb. They can fook off for me and Tim Spiers is just a lackey doing what his editor tells him to do which is piss poor from a "Wolves fan".
As for them "not having access to Wolves", who's fault is that after, virtually, a ten year anti-Wolves stance? I wonder what negative spin they'll put on the story?
Fuck 'em

Thought we may have followed up yesterdays press conference with a signing today, to keep the good vibes going.

Back