• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Ennis is so good. Would love to see him play for the first team.

I know DW hates loans but a loan to a championship club / top L1 club for a season would be good. With the caveat that he actually plays of course

I know DW hates loans but a loan to a championship club / top L1 club for a season would be good. With the caveat that he actually plays of course
We've been dreadful at choosing loan clubs for our players recently.

A shame he has had 2 or 3 major injuries or he would have played a fair bit for the 1st team by now. Lambert was going to use him but he bust his leg 3 days before the game.

If Nuno rates him highly enough I hope we keep him at the club personally

If Nuno rates him highly enough I hope we keep him at the club personally

Must rate him as he let Leo and BAS both leave on loan, knowing he was the option from the U23's should we need him (like we did v Shrewsbury)

Don't worry about the club rating/not rating Ennis. That bit is clear cut (by the way he hit the bar in the last minute, so nearly a hat trick).

We just have to manage his development. As Andy says I don't like loans but this might be one where it's viable, for half a season at least. But it MUST be the right club.

Great to see Ennis fit and scoring goals, I’d love for him to get some minutes in the PL before the end of the season. A loan for the first half of next season would be great for him if we find a club that plays decent football and actually gives him games

Diallo, Francis, Samuels and Sondergaard have a chance, as well as Ennis, Watt, Giles, Kilman, John and Goncalves who have already been part of the first team squad.

That's good going for any intake.

We will also end up making money off the likes of Herc and Ashley-Seal who won't make it here but will do ok elsewhere.

Think we still have a bit to do to catch up with West Brom who are developing a lot of very good young players from their own system. But as you say Dan, we can't really grumble with the current crop, there are some good players without even mentioning Gibbs-White.

From what I hear Sellar's will be very hands on so hopefully the standards are raised further.

By the same token Albion went the best part of 20 years without developing anyone at all. In that time we had Lescott, Murray, Keane, Naylor, Robinson etc etc.

true!

Having visited them last year they had a really impressive set up. And they regularly have players in the England youth age groups now, up there with City and Chelsea. Their problem seems to be (which maybe is where we have been better) with the pathway to the first team. Harper is apparently off in the summer, and Field and Leko don't seem to have kicked on at all

true!

Having visited them last year they had a really impressive set up. And they regularly have players in the England youth age groups now, up there with City and Chelsea. Their problem seems to be (which maybe is where we have been better) with the pathway to the first team. Harper is apparently off in the summer, and Field and Leko don't seem to have kicked on at all
The way they seem to be panicking about staying down and borrowing money they could well be relying on the Academy very soon.

Love that they have the billionaire version of Jeremy Peace

true!

Izzy Brown was theirs too.

Fuck them, appoint Pulis and you get what you deserve.

true!

Selling Tyler Roberts wasn't the smartest move.

Investing in youth is the ultimate way round FFP

Even if you end up selling it's essentially free money

Back