• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

He's a centre half. You would imagine of the footballing variety given how we want our teams at all levels to play.

Not seen him yet but will do in the coming weeks (unless we randomly drop him when I go).

Cheers Deutsch - I know he’s a centre back (and left back and DM according to a profile I read of him when he signed), but other than that, I don’t know if he’s quick or slow, big or small, good passer of the ball, or clogger - I know he has a good pedigree, but would be good to understand more when you’ve had a chance to watch him.

Tonight's team. No Kilman, maybe in the squad tomorrow?
6cbab968ed92eb323790b7a8238bcd82.jpg

We tend to take 19 or 20 players (including Norris, I guess) to away games so yeah, he's probably the spare man.

Matching the first team again formation wise, excellent.

Buur injured?

Sanderson is a centre back I believe so wouldn't imagine we'd put him there unless there's no other option.

Sondergaard is very highly rated, I think Ruddy Jr is still ahead of Beasley too and Burgoyne is also still under contract until 2020. So basically no chance for him here.

I mean England's Will Norris never plays for us now.

Ruddy Jnr will be released into the wild in the summer. To think a lot of us had him down as being our back up keeper 18 months ago. We have raced on and he has had poor loan spells in Scotland and Spain.

Apparently Burgoyne has done ok for Falkirk (they were woeful early in the season but have picked up now). He obviously won't make it here but he could still make it in L1/L2 if he actually develops some wrists.

As I say Sondergaard is the one they are pinning their hopes on. Apparently he has the lot. But then I heard that said about Jon Flatt and his Lego haircut. (Was probably Pat Mountain who said it)

Was Flatt the one Murray was raving about in his early days at the club. Might have even played in his testimonial game (I could be confusing him with another keeper though)

Flatt did very well for Cheltenham at the same level and age that Murray did for Kingstonian. Just didn't progress

Flatt did very well for Cheltenham at the same level and age that Murray did for Kingstonian. Just didn't progress
He came so close to a debut though. Harry beat him as he had been picked to play the U21 game as Ikeme was crocked so Flatt was pulled to cover him. Then Lonners got injured and Lambert went with Harry as he was more match sharp.

No checkatrade game and Flatt would have played in the mad game v Fulham.

Big H was good in that Checkatrade game. I went with Kels #superfans

It was fucking freezing.

Big H was good in that Checkatrade game. I went with Kels #superfans

It was fucking freezing.
Obviously before his wrists were removed...

(Also made a great save v Fulham with the score at 1-3)

Yes he did.

No chance with any of their goals either. Unlike Baldy Button at the other end who let in at least two shockers.

Back